BackTrack 4 Final is out!

Seshan

Heh, I was downloading it and it was suppose to be done in 20 min then the speed just dropped and it said it was going to be over 2 hours. So I went to pause it and try the torrent but I accidentally canceled it :(

Given the fact that they just went live a few minutes ago, you can imagine their servers for the ISO are going to be getting raped at this point with everyone goign there.

I was lucky to snag it yesterday or the day before, when no one was downloading it heavily.

@backtracklinux BackTrack 4 Download Traffic is insane. 2000+

downloads up to now. If mirrors get bogged up, torrent is the way to go.

about 3 hours ago from web

Most the ralink cards work cause they are prism based. My Linksys is an rt73 card and works pretty well once you install the enhanced drivers, and chuck the usb ones shipped with the default install. Havent tried BT4 in my laptop yet, but BT2 and 3 supported my broadcom card, but its an older one, so probably better drivers for it.

Anyone experiencing any problems with the VMware image running very slowly? Even with VMware tools installed?

I did a manual install in VMware. Only problem I had was to fix grub, and then it was all good to go. WHat version of VMware are you using?

Has anyone tried to use unetbootin-windows-377.exe on this to make a bootable flash drive. I have tried 3 times and keep getting a boot error when i try to boot of the usb drive.

Worked fine for me. Running on my Inspiron 1318 without a hitch. Everything works, yey!

Yeah I would like to kno about getting it to boot from USB drive as well, I have done it with BT3 and used some program on ubuntu to do it I forget what it is called, but the program did not support BT4 to USB.

You can try making a bootable USB with it by using unetbootin.