IT Job Hunting

BlueWyvern

Well some of us have to deal with it at some point... we all get unemployed...

I was wondering if anyone knew of a "better" site to search for jobs in the IT field in the USA.

The sites I have been using are careerbuilder.com and indeed.com, but currently I find many of the "Work from home! MUST HAVE A COMPUTER!" Jobs

Thanks in advance guys

usajobs.gov

wotk for the government

Yeah, but thats like 90% law enforcment related, Homeland Security, Navy, etc, and requires either military involvment or secret clearance, like FBI, Police, etc. Those arent normal civilian jobs.

Im getting to the point where Im considering having my own bussiness doing IT stuff, like pc repair, network setups, remote assistance, etc. I also do web sites, so that has been something I may start advertising for locally along with tech services. Not a lot of jobs out there right now unless you 1, want towork in help desk fo rshit money, or 2, have years of IT experience and want to head some department at a company, where you will probably need to know tons of shit to begin with, which if you already knew that shit, you probably wouldnt be looking for a job in the first place.

I've never ever applied to an IT job in my life. I put my CV on sites like Monster, Jobsite etc and agency's pick it up and call me. Try this approach.

CV = Resume?

and right now mine is on careerbuilder, you are suggesting i add it to monster and jobsite? any others you could reccomend?

Thanks

Try dice.com or careerbuilder.com Craigslist is hit or miss, but you can also take out an ad for services you provide, and might get some calls for local work in yoru area.

CV = Resume?

Yes.

Upload the damn thing to every site you can find (the big name ones anyway). Change it slightly and upload it again each week, that way its always a fresh CV and at the top of the pile.

BlueWyvern,

Also try out computerjobs.com as well, maybe consider using www.linkedin.com to network yourself among fellow peers.

I'm about to become intentionally unemployed from my workplace soon, it's been getting a bit out of hand as of late.

Im getting to the point where Im considering having my own bussiness doing IT stuff, like pc repair, network setups, remote assistance, etc. I also do web sites, so that has been something I may start advertising for locally along with tech services. Not a lot of jobs out there right now unless you 1, want towork in help desk fo rshit money, or 2, have years of IT experience and want to head some department at a company, where you will probably need to know tons of shit to begin with, which if you already knew that shit, you probably wouldnt be looking for a job in the first place.

That's where I was getting hung up. So I am working at a shitty job for shitty pay (first long term permanent job). Thought about opening my own business, but you need money to make money.. :lol:

I heard some decent things about indeed.com