Any Musicians here?

debianuser

I've played guitar, bass, and keys for about 21 yrs. Dabbled in drums.

I never want to play in a cover band again.

why not? playing in a band is somehow what makes music more interresting - you get to improve a lot more...

That's actually why I originally did it. To keep my chops up and pay for the rehearsal space.

I'd rather play in an original band and be able to express my self.

General percussion 7 years here. I also played french horn for about a year (which is damn fun too), but my main expertise was timpani. Back when I got to play regularly (ie pre college) I was god.

I actually took a music tech class, and even as primitive as it was I still roxed everyone else the fuck out ^^. Oh how I wish I still had the stuff I made t.t. Unfortunately the class focused on midi performance, not recording quality synthesis or any of that fun stuff.

I have quite the passion for melodic power metal, prog metal, and whatever you classify trivium as. Probably my fav band as of now is Angra (thx pandora for that one). I guess I could have summed that up easier by posting my pandora pl, but I figure that's better saved for a thread where it's more on topic ;P.

I've been playing piano for about 12 years now, mostly classical , but I've been playing alot more jazz and 20s music the last year or two. Also have an old Korg M1 Synthesizer which I love, maybe I'll post some pictures of it with it awesome petal and expansion cards.