Any Musicians here?

debianuser

I've played guitar for 16 years, drums 10 and piano for 14 years. I also have a BA in Applied Music.

I have a lot of recording equipment and me and a few of my friend like to record some stuff from time to time but I came to the realisation years ago that I would never be famous so I mostly play for fun.

I'm planning on finishing my home recording studio when I get some time of and I would love to buy or set up a professional recording studio in the future as a business.

I've played guitar for 16 years, drums 10 and piano for 14 years. I also have a BA in Applied Music.

I have a lot of recording equipment and me and a few of my friend like to record some stuff from time to time but I came to the realisation years ago that I would never be famous so I mostly play for fun.

I'm planning on finishing my home recording studio when I get some time of and I would love to buy or set up a professional recording studio in the future as a business.

hey maybe something interresting, you should check this episode of "LabRats"

http://labrats.tv/episodes/ep31.html -- maybe you already did Smile

and I would defenately want to hear your drumming Laughing

Thanks I'm watching it now.

That guy they talks to is a joke, you can’t build a state of the art studio for a few thousand dollars, you can get enough equipment together to make some music but it won’t be state of the art. Other then that I wouldn’t use a drum sampler as it doesn’t sound as good as setting up and recording a real drum kit.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Other then that I wouldn’t use a drum sampler as it doesn’t sound as good as setting up and recording a real drum kit.

amen brother! :)

the music sounded cool though! you're the BA musician here - so what do you think? can it be enough to come up with a fairly good album cd?

Other then that I wouldn’t use a drum sampler as it doesn’t sound as good as setting up and recording a real drum kit.

amen brother! :)

the music sounded cool though! you're the BA musician here - so what do you think? can it be enough to come up with a fairly good album cd?

I thought he sounded ok considering he had been heavily compressed but I really couldn’t judge his album with out hearing his CD as there will be vast differences between the two.

I think you can throw something together with very little equipment and the overall quality can be ok, but I think the quality would be much better using older professional non digital equipment if you are short on cash.

The thing with modern equipment is you pay for what you get so if you cheap out on a piece of equipment it can really let the overall quality down, the time’s you really notice this is when you come to recording the Vocals and instrumentals.

well im an audio engineer and play a little guitar if that counts

you mean like a small guitar :lol: ? just kidding :-)

actuly yes i got 2/3 size electric and a full size accustic lol..

on the note of not being able to get a state of the art studio for a few thousand dollars really you can, long as you aint after a huge selection of expensive mics. top end pres and A/d convertors ( eg the ones used in digi pres and the tdm A/ds).

all good :)

I own an electric 6-string guitar which I can't play well but I just like to jam now and again (but it needs restringing atm), I own a keyboard and have played for some years though never very well... again though I love to improvise...

I am also a modder (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOD_%28file_format%29) - it's kinda like midi crossed with wave samples...

It's easy in that you don't need to be able to write/read music but you can create some awesome stuff. It's also not like eJay or Magix Music Maker or whatever, since you can actually write your own tunes rather than just using preset loops... Some call it cheating, I call it so goddamn cool!