Hacking Laptop

Bourvi

Why do people keep asking this? There's no such thing as a "hacking" or "hacker's" laptop, the hacking is the part YOU do, not the laptop. Pick a laptop you like. Get an idea of what sort of spec you want, look within the budget you have, and choose accordingly. It's really not difficult.

Why do people keep asking this? There's no such thing as a "hacking" or "hacker's" laptop, the hacking is the part YOU do, not the laptop. Pick a laptop you like. Get an idea of what sort of spec you want, look within the budget you have, and choose accordingly. It's really not difficult.

You should maybe create a sticky thread, with the title "Hackers Laptop/Hacking Laptop" and then just reference your above post so people can stop with the repetative question. Maybe move all the other threads like this one into it. Kind of like the Linux distros to check out/ what to do with an old compute rthreads.

All you really need is a netbook.

Doesnt really matter what kind of machine it is, that is kind of the point in hacking. Different tools for different jobs.

While I do agree, it would be nice if we made a table of laptops/netbooks, that had things like built in wireless with the atheros chipset or any others that do allow the fun parts of WiFi.

Things that I would think one would want in a hakbook, would be a atheros chipset and bluetooth might be useful.. haven't played with it yet..

Anything eles?

The problem is that there's a huge amount of potential machines and there's a huge number of requirements people might have. Not only that, but if you're looking for a "hacking" computer then you'd better get used to doing your own research and finding machines and tools which do the job you're trying to do, because there's gonna be an awful lot more of it to come. If you can't figure out which laptop to buy, you're not gonna get very far in much beyond that.

tahts why i follow our lord and master darren, LOL.

no but really, google what programs you would need and their supported chipsets then go from there find the one with the widest range and BUY IT. as moon said "If you can't figure out which laptop to buy, you're not gonna get very far in much beyond that. "

Anything that blends in. Although if I see some guy sitting out side my house with a laptop and not wearing a suit, I'm going to start to ask questions. If you need one for doing site survey and shit a fully rugged Panasonic Toughbook can take the rain while walking around.

I really like the Panasonic Toughbook U1.

Personally I've found that wearing a yellow vest and having a clipboard full of old paperwork works well.

I've found leaving the laptop in a bag and connecting to it via ssh from a phone or something small is the best way to not look like you are doing anything out of place. That and calling them up on a phone and asking for whatever information you may want.

Really?...wow...i avoid detection easily...

if someone, other than the law comes and asks me what i'm doing sitting on a public footpath/roadway/bus stop outside there house, i just tell them to fuck off.

As for the laptop...simple really...anything will do....however here's a point.

If you using wireless and thinking of options when it comes to your choice of devices...most modern laptop no longer support pcmcia....so most of your nice wireless cards are out.

But there are some very good usb options for wifi around to suit.