New Years resolutions

Kyle 2.0

I'll be out at new years, so it will be my phones resolution, 480x320 :D

My new years resolution is to try and be more outgoing, rather than be stuck behind a computer screen most of the day.

same here. i'm going to try my best to 'unplug' for the day

@shonen - yah, I gave up on giving up smoking quite some time ago. I am however going to give up on analog smoking (see here: http://store.vapor4life.com/

I am gonna quit trying to quit smoking every bloody year. =D

@shonen - yah, I gave up on giving up smoking quite some time ago. I am however going to give up on analog smoking

See thats the problem. Everyone thinks there is some device to make it easier, better, faster.

In reality, the only thing you can do to quit smoking is to stop bringing nicotine into your body. Stop smoking, dipping, chewing, using nicorette, e-cigarettes, whatever. Just don't do it.

I smoked for 16 years. 30 days ago I just stopped. You go through 3 days of being somewhat uncomfortable, then you realize that life isn't going to end its just you living without smoking.

The frackin' drug that you've been addicted to tells your body that it can't live without it. And your body believes it! Seriously. Every half hour to 2 hours or so. You re-up on nicotine and reset the clock. Once you start getting low on nicotine your body starts the process of replenishing, forcing you to go suck on the wet end of a burning plant that costs nigh on $5 for a days worth.

Granted its a useful tool to give up smoking but could you image the odd looks you would get in the street puffing on that thing?

Thats the other problem. It's not a useful tool to give up smoking. It IS a useful tool to become hooked on that thing, just like folks get hooked on nicorette, the patch, lozenge, etc. They are called crutch devices. Seriously the best way to quit is to just quit, and avoid being dragged through withdrawals over and over again. Just get it all over with in one fell swoop like a band-aid - RIGHT OFF@!@!

As for my resolutions, I'm no sheep. But my gf and I intend to stop being fatasses this year.

lmfao that has to be some of the weirdest shit I have ever seen. Granted its a useful tool to give up smoking but could you image the odd looks you would get in the street puffing on that thing? fuck that!

step one- change the avatar... its influential!

also metatron, your not missing anything, i live right next to it and its all tourist shops..

well the next town over has coffee shops and a tattoo place, but other than that nada

step one- change the avatar... its influential!

also metatron, your not missing anything, i live right next to it and its all tourist shops..

well the next town over has coffee shops and a tattoo place, but other than that nada

Well I travel a lot for work but its not the same thing, its basically me flying in, going to a meeting, going to a hotel and then flying somewhere else, or home. As a Englishman, I quite like visiting the more remote non touristy places as there is one thing you can be sure of, you are never more than 50 miles from another Englishman, we are everywhere. You at least feel like you are somewhere different from home when you are in the more remote places in America. New York and San Fransisco are two places I've been too a lot, but both feel like I've not left the UK.

I think if you live in an area, you tend to not see all the good things about, as you get use to it. If you came to London I'm sure I would get bored with pretty much everything they lay on for visitors.

I've done, parts of Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, China, Japan, Russia, Cuba, Bolivia, Chili, Mexico, France, Germany, Holland, Poland, Canada, Swaziland, Italy, Romania, Spain, Africa, Israel, Egypt and the UAE but the last few years I've been heading to the US as it costs about the same as going to other parts of Europe, the people are fairly friendly/nice, lots to do and the country side is stunning. (most of that was in a gap years, one before uni, one after)

I'm out in Charlotte and San Fransisco in February and Houston in March as I want to go see Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo and the last time I was in Houston it was a lot of fun.

lmfao that has to be some of the weirdest shit I have ever seen. Granted its a useful tool to give up smoking but could you image the odd looks you would get in the street puffing on that thing? fuck that!

Actually I have already tried it once, but it was a really cheap throw away set just to see if you like it. Yes it is not quitting, however, it's a lot better for you (cue the nicotine police). I am lazy. I know I will not quit smoking, however, I can at least switch the addiction to something more healthy.

When I used the cheap ones in public it was actually a very positive thing. It got a lot of attention, and more questions of how it works and where others could get them rather than questions of why don't I just quit.

There are thousands of carcinogens in just one cigarette, in smoke liquid, there is none (nicotine in itself has never been shown in any tests to be a carcinogen, nor has it been shown to alter the functions of the body any more than a cup of coffee). If you think about it, regular smoking is horrible for your body cause it's basically like standing over an open smoldering fire every 30 minutes to an hour, where as with an e-cig, it's just like being in a room that has a fog machine (exact same concept, and chemicals, only smaller).

Well since I know I am not going to quit any time soon, I do know that once I do quit It's not like I will have hurt myself anymore in the long run.

I know I will not quit smoking, however, I can at least switch the addiction to something more healthy.

Thats dangerous thinking there, especially as teh most convenient and readily available nicotine deliver devices come 20 to a pack at your convenient store for about $5. Usually available 24 hours a day.

I gotta hand it to you though - its not smoking a cigarette. But I don't think that its any better or more healthy. We can get into quote wars but just because you found a way to deliver nicotine without some of its byproducts doesn't mean it isn't bad to be addicted to nicotine. Look at the folks who dip, and also the folks hooked on nicorette - who also did in fact pick up mouth cancer. No saying if it was the smoking or the pseudodip that did it.

http://www.askapatient.com/viewrating.asp?...;name=NICORETTE

http://whyquit.com/pr/102809.html

http://www.usnews.com/health/family-health...-fda-warns.html

http://www.ecigarettenews.info/nicotine-re...-causes-cancer/ (which leads to:) http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_...icle6143744.ece

One of these days you'll start to hate it. For me - that day was when I realized smoking cost more than my car. A few months later and here I am - quit completely.

I'll leave it there.

Back to resolutions.

keep track of hak 5 with ipod, pick up java again to code apps for droid, increase my workout intensity to tone. get my hair dyed with dark and bright blue highlights

@bobdole369 - Actually I do thank you for not being childish about it (really not saying I thought you would, just that that was what I was waiting for from some random person). And yes, there is nothing healthy about being addicted to anything, much less nicotine, but I feel that this is a better way for me. I do have a goal in mind of ultimately quitting, and it's going to be a device that I will use to quit, but in the beginning I am going to use it just to ween myself off of cigs themselves, and the main thing about it is this, when you had a cig, what did you smoke? full flavor, lights, or ultralights? If you smoked even lights and tried ultra lights what happened? It was more aggrivating than anything because it didn't taste the same, and you felt like you got nothing but air from it, but with these, I can drop my nicotine doses by buying lower dose smoke liquid, but keep the same feel and flavor. Of course I will notice the drop in nicotine regardless, but for me it's about the slow small steps. Once I get to the point where I am at the lowest amount of nicotine, I can get juice that still tastes the same and gives a good throat hit, but with no nicotine. After that, it's just a matter of losing the physical habit, instead of the chemical and physical addiction.

Cause for me it's just too aggrivating to deal with all 3 addictions at once. A lot of non smokers as you know, don't realize how powerful it is because of all 3 addictions that surround smoking. And I do applaud you for stopping. I could not imagine how it must feel not to want or even not feel like I need a cig every 2 hours, and that is a wonderful feat. But at the same time we all have different ways of getting to the same goal.

For me, I know the e-cigs work... just being that the damn thing itself keeps working (i.e. cheap ass throwaway e-cigs suck). So once you switch to an e-cig it is kind of odd. But you lose the bad breath and smoky smell. At the same time, you also lose some of the other addictive additives that are in cigarettes. Nicotine is just part of the equation. That's why there are a lot of people who try quitting/cutting down by smoking black & milds because the same chemicals aren't there, but the nicotine is, and for some that's just enough to handle. Once that is taken care of then I will knock down the nicotine without losing the taste that I want, and then finally, all I have to do is put down the device itself. And as far as convenience, once you buy a bunch of smoke liquid, you have months worth of a supply at your fingers so it's much more efficient to do.

So what I am gaining up to, is even know it's not the best way, it's my way, and in a way that I know will work and be manageable for me, and ultimately will be the end of my smoking/nicotine habit, which for me right now is completely unfathomable.

And if at the end I fall off, then at worse I am just smoking fog juice... When you fall off from analog smoking and go back to just 1 you open yourself right back up to the addiction (I have tried quitting at least 12 times that I can recall, all failures)

But ultimately I have to say cheers to you brother for quitting your addiction and I hope that someday soon I can say the same thing about myself.