Virtualbox

rlocone

Hello All,

I'm having a problem with cut & paste shortcut keys in Vista as a guest. Searched all over Google and haven't found the resolution yet. If I use the mouse to do it it works fine. Some applications that I need for work run off of Java and don't provide a shift F10 function to paste back text. Very annoying actually when I can't use my text based templates. I've already played around with the shared clipboard functions, still no dice. Anyone have an idea to fix this?

Thanks for your time & attention,

Why do you expect cut and paste to work between two separate operating systems?

Admittedly the VM software will try and make this work, but that requires that the VM software be aware of the operating system it is running, since all OSs implement copy and paste differently. I suspect the difficulties you are encountering are because the VM driver in the guest OS is unable to communicate with the desktop VM software running on the guest.

Have you turned off UAC?

Why do you expect cut and paste to work between two separate operating systems?

Admittedly the VM software will try and make this work, but that requires that the VM software be aware of the operating system it is running, since all OSs implement copy and paste differently. I suspect the difficulties you are encountering are because the VM driver in the guest OS is unable to communicate with the desktop VM software running on the guest.

Have you turned off UAC?

LOL, UAC is the 1st thing I turned off. It's copying/pasting INSIDE the guest OS. In VmWare I have no problem just can't afford the expensive license.

VirtualBox has clipboard integration via the Guest Additions does it not?

Yes, and it has worked perfectly on any windows / linux guest(ubuntu, fedora, opensuse, arch) i have ever used on any host operating system.

Are you sure you installed the guest additions correctly?