MK2: Updated Jasager Setup Guide

Finally got it to work, had to flash it again. Thanks for the time and all the help you put towards this, really appreciated.

Just to add this guide needs two more commands to bring wireless up.

uci set wireless.wifi0.disabled=0 
uci commit wireless && wifi

Edited by cooler

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Part 3 (Optional): Installing X-Wrt

The main reason I need X-Wrt was that I couldn’t figure out how to change the time zone without it. To install X-Wrt, simply run:

echo "src X-Wrt http://downloads.x-wrt.org/xwrt/kamikaze/8.09/atheros/packages" >> /etc/opkg.conf
opkg update
opkg install webif

I have some problems installing webif, when I connect to jasager (192.168.1.1) it directe me to page, where i can download info.sh

What page does it direct you to, and why do you need an info.sh?

I dont need that info.sh it just directs me to download it - dont know why.

after I webif to fon+ and then I connected to fon. I go to 192.168.1.1 and I typer username and password, then it directed me to page http://192.168.1.1/cgi-bin/info.sh then firefox tried to download info.sh. today I started my computer and connected to fon now when I go to 192.168.1.1 it directs me to http://192.168.1.1/cgi-bin/status.rb without I need to type username or password. What am I doing wrog.

I have fon+. I flashed it using jasager firmware. then I followed not exactly that guide, I didnt want to change IP settings etc. All I want is jasager and webis to set up port forwarding etc.

After flashing I did these steps

connected to fon and changed my password then

uci set wireless.wifi0.disabled=0
uci commit wireless && wifi

echo "src X-Wrt http://downloads.x-wrt.org/xwrt/kamikaze/8.09/atheros/packages" >> /etc/opkg.conf
opkg update
opkg install webif

Sounds like Apache (or whatever the Fon's using, but I'm pretty sure it's Apache) isn't configured properly. Try reinstalling webif completely.

I tried it

opkg remove webif
opkg install webif

And when I connect to fon (192.168.1.1) it still directs me to page where it tries to download info.sh file.

• 4 months later...

Thanks. This guide worked great!

The only thing I'd like to throw out there is that Win7 shares the internet connection and changes the IP of the adapter it shares it to. I was confused by that... I would share it and it would change it to 192.168.137.1. I tried then setting the IP on that adapter once I noticed it, but this seemed to break the share.

Has anyone else had this?

I finally set the Fon to the 137.x subnet and it worked... Is so strange!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

stuck here

Also configure dnsmasq to give out the gateway IP and DNS servers. In /etc/config/dhcp, under the section config dhcp lan, add....

how do I edit the dhcp file?... what's the command for this? plz&Ty ;)

lost...

Edited by V3NG3NC3

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi there! This is my first post here, and my english is not too good, so please bare with me. (:

OK, to the point.

I recently bought a used dir-825, just because i could load OpenWRT on it. And that was just a breeze, and it works great. The problem is that I would love to be capable of using Jasager on this device. Is that at all possible? If it is, what should i do? Which openwrt version? jffs/squashfs? and do I have to use a USB device for storage to accomplish this?

What i have tried so far.

Various versions of OpenWRT, bleeding edge, latest stable, and both jffs and squashfs. But when i'm trying to install the pachages requiered by Jasager(ruby, ruby-core, ruby-rexml, webif, kmod-gpio) I'm only running out of space.

In addition to that, if I try to run just the jasager_2.1-1_mips.ipk i just get an error stating that i got the wrong architecture. However i am able to untar the tarball, but should i untar this from / or from /root/ ?

Thanx in advance for all help regarding my problem! :)

Thanks for the tutorial - came handy when I had to flash my pineapple as something went wrong when doing the settings in webif, 20 minutes after I unpacked it.

Got everything working when running linux.

Trying to get it to work as your setup on Win + VM (ubuntu 10.10 or BT5) using 2 bridged interfaces, but have the following problem:

* Packets don't seem to go via the bridged interfaces properly as SSLSTRIP doesn't capture anything.

* Wireshark (inside VM) only shows all packets when using promisc. mode on ethernet bridge, otherwise only ARP packets.

Some additional info:

* I used your commands from PART4 for forwarding traffic inside VM

* ICS is working fine - connected clients gets forwarded etc, just not through the VM.

* VMware virtual network consists of only the 2 bridges interfaces. NAT/DHCP interface is turned off.

* Internet connection is working inside VM.

* Running Win 7 x64 Ultimate, VMWare 7.1.4

Would be nice to get it to work on Win 7 as I'm on latest macbook pro and it is just to messy to add semi-functional linux as

3rd OS right now. From what I found OSX 10.6 doesn't have kernel support to do the forwarding as Linux so this is no option either.

Any ideas? Maybe problem with Win and/or VMWare version to get this to work as you described...

Can't find the edit button...really.

Anyway - works now, no clue why it didn't before.

Again, thx for guide!

Thanks for the tutorial - came handy when I had to flash my pineapple as something went wrong when doing the settings in webif, 20 minutes after I unpacked it.

Got everything working when running linux.

Trying to get it to work as your setup on Win + VM (ubuntu 10.10 or BT5) using 2 bridged interfaces, but have the following problem:

* Packets don't seem to go via the bridged interfaces properly as SSLSTRIP doesn't capture anything.

* Wireshark (inside VM) only shows all packets when using promisc. mode on ethernet bridge, otherwise only ARP packets.

Some additional info:

* I used your commands from PART4 for forwarding traffic inside VM

* ICS is working fine - connected clients gets forwarded etc, just not through the VM.

* VMware virtual network consists of only the 2 bridges interfaces. NAT/DHCP interface is turned off.

* Internet connection is working inside VM.

* Running Win 7 x64 Ultimate, VMWare 7.1.4

Would be nice to get it to work on Win 7 as I'm on latest macbook pro and it is just to messy to add semi-functional linux as

3rd OS right now. From what I found OSX 10.6 doesn't have kernel support to do the forwarding as Linux so this is no option either.

Any ideas? Maybe problem with Win and/or VMWare version to get this to work as you described...

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone.

Just got my wifi pineapple. I am connecting to the pineapple from my MBP in OS X and trying to telnet to the pineapple from the Terminal. When I try to telnet I get back "Connection refused. telnet: unable to connect to remote host"

Now I can get to the webif just fine using the same ip address I use to telnet (192.168.1.1)

The telnet service is enabled in Services when I check on the webif.

For the heck of it, I tried to ssh into the pineapple and it immediately asks me for a password. Do you think ssh is set which has disabled telnet? I never set ssh so I'm confused. Is there a way to reset the pineapple so that any ssh passwords are removed?

Thanks for any help you guys can send my way.

So I figured out the ssh thing.

Now my issue is trying to get other clients to connect to the internet from the pineapple. I can't even ping google.com from the pineapple itself. I think the issue has something to do with the dnsmasq settings. When I follow the directions though, it doesn't allow me to go into the dhcp folder. I can access /etc/config but it won't let me change into dhcp to set the gateway and dns.

I'm doing this through the terminal on my MBP so not sure if the steps are different than linux. The other steps have worked so far from the terminal.

Everything else is set up correctly I believe. I can connect to the pineapple through ethernet and surf the internet wirelessly at the same time. The issue is just reaching the internet from the pineapple and from clients connected to the pineapple. Any help would be much appreciated!