Call of Duty 7

red shadow

Let's cast our minds back to the very popular series, Call of Duty. Very cool and successful game. I bet you're all probably very excited for Call of Duty 7, well atleast I am. I've posted to talk about just that. It is currently titled as Call of Duty 7 but it's probably going to change, as World at War was originally called Call of Duty 5 (And it is the 5th one :P) Even Call of Duty 2 had amazing graphics for it's time, Call of Duty 6: Modern Warfare 2 had the best graphics and the most realism by faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar. But enough with the graphics, Modern warfare 2 was a little bit too fast. I don't get the reason to put that Museum level in it.

I think Call of Duty 7 will use Call of Duty 6's engine, or maybe Call of Duty 4's, whatever, but it will probably use an engine because it's gonna come out so fast (2010! XD) I am a big fan of Call of Duty 6: Modern Warfare 2 because of the graphics, and realism. You shoot someone without armour once and they die, like a one-shot, one-kill :P. That's pretty cool.

As you probably know by now, all of the Call of Duty games except number 4 and 6 are based on Word War II, that's the whole point of writing this, to have a discussion on where and when it should be based. It can't be Modern Warfare III because it isn't going to be made by the people who make the Modern Warfare sub-series. But they need to finish off Modern Warfare, because at the end of Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, you are about to go in the helicopter somewhere, and you never actually kill Makarov, the person you were after the whole time, you only kill General Shepherd. I may be what you call 'Shame to Sequels' as I only play the latest sequel for most games. Like Call of Duty and Fallout 3.

Maybe Call of Duty 7 should be based around the Pakestan wars, or maybe Iraqi, I dunno. Tell me what you think!

Two things:

Pakistan

and

Call of Duty "6" is just COD:MW2, its it own franchise now with IW, treyarch can eat its ass out and keep doing WWII games but IW is running the Modern Warfare thing now, and doing a good job

maybe its the SIXTH Call of Duty game but its not COD6

also, I'll stick to my IW, ive played the WaW and didnt really like it

cod6 aka modern warfare 2 blows on PC, it was just a port from the console.

IW can eat my ass.

It's wasn't a port! They added mouse controls, text chat and graphic settings!!! :rolleyes: (If you don't know what that was from don't comment.)

Two things:

Pakistan

and

Call of Duty "6" is just COD:MW2, its it own franchise now with IW, treyarch can eat its ass out and keep doing WWII games but IW is running the Modern Warfare thing now, and doing a good job

maybe its the SIXTH Call of Duty game but its not COD6

also, I'll stick to my IW, ive played the WaW and didnt really like it

Who cares about that stuff? You don't have to be so specific

@Sector. Xero

You guys are so good at mindless consumerism. The game isn't even 2 months old.

Who cares? It's an awesome game!

• 2 weeks later...

As people know there are currently two sepeare teams making Call of Duty games one series for WWII (World at War) and one series for modern/futuristic wars (Modern Warfare), next CoD comming out will be World at War 2, I highly doubt that they are going to make it any more confusing by naming it CoD 7, I mean Modern Warfare 2 ain't Call of Duty 6: The Modern Warfare 2.

Also as speculated on CoD wiki and numerous CoD forums there will be new CoD out every year - because they have two teams working on the games so both have two years to work on their next game which is a good thing, also this way all players should be happy thouse who like older WWII action can play their game and thouse of us who like more modernish game play get to play our game.

P.S. all of you who cry about MW2's "bad port" to PC, well it's PC gamings future too many pirate games theys days game developers are going to make games based on console controls and then just cheaply port the game to PC because there are so few people who actualy buy games any more. Sure, sure MW2 is steam game, but that doesn't mean it won't be pirated and played online.

Actually CoD 7 will be based in Vietnam and come out next November, To bad I will not be giving the CoD franchise anymore of my money. So many problems and greed from MW:2 has turned me off. DICE can have my money.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know how the American people would feel about this game but I think a Civil war game would be cool. Although a huge drawback I would see is reloading and accuracy. You'd get what...one shot every 30 seconds. So maybe my idea sucks but there are only so many time Activision can make a World War 2 game.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
cod6 aka modern warfare 2 blows on PC, it was just a port from the console.

IW can eat my ass.

Not really. the COD engine is the same as ever - COD 1 engine came from the Q3 engine, and since then has only been updated and updated and so, the PC version was always designed first and the ps3 and xbox was ported. not a fan of cod anymore, as they just got older and older, cod 4 was fresh, but mw2 is doing the usual update and update sell for 45 sell for 45 that activision do with ALL their games - TH - update and update - GH - update and update. AV seriously needs to become inventive. BTW WaW SUCKED!

I don't know how the American people would feel about this game but I think a Civil war game would be cool. Although a huge drawback I would see is reloading and accuracy. You'd get what...one shot every 30 seconds. So maybe my idea sucks but there are only so many time Activision can make a World War 2 game.

go buy a game called Darkest of Days

Well its a big rumour that the treyarch call of duty will be in vietnam or cold warfare like the guy above me said but i think it will be cold warfare because it could be made up with any side against any other as opposed to vietnam is us vs vietnam so i think cold warfare but i could be wrong they could do a future warfare or another game set in modern day

• 2 weeks later...
Well its a big rumour that the treyarch call of duty will be in vietnam or cold warfare like the guy above me said but i think it will be cold warfare because it could be made up with any side against any other as opposed to vietnam is us vs vietnam so i think cold warfare but i could be wrong they could do a future warfare or another game set in modern day

No, Treyarch are the peeps who make the WWII/ Vietnam War. Infinity Ward makes the Modern Wars/Future Wars.

Treyarch are just too used to making WWII games wth the shit guns for a modern day game.

Edited by red shadow

Just to let u guys know, M4TT recently said this:

Regarding COD 7.

It is confirmed that the new game will be released in 2010. It wont be called, "Call of Duty 7" but that is the current title. Here are my thoughts.

I think that the makers of the new COD7 will take the franchise into a whole new direction. WWII has been overplayed and ALL possible angles of that war have been exhausted. We have played against Nazi's and Jap's. We've played in Europe and the Pacific. We played as Americans and various european Alli's. We even fought Zombies.

The Modern Warefare Series is not finished because I think it is unlikely they would release games of the series within a year of eachother.

Finally this leads me to believe in one of three possibilities.

1. WWI

2. Korea War

3. Vietnam War

My take on this is that WWI may not be as fun because of the lack of technology (No automatic weapons). WWI does although have the chemical warefare aspect to it.

The Korea War in my opinion has alot of potential considering it has the WWII feal to it but it has some new weapons. This war may be still to close to WWII to be considered new stuff. It would also have a great "cliffhanger" potential considering that the Korea War technically still isnt over.

The Vietnam War has the most potential except for the fact that it has been the most controversal war to date. Whether or not that would help the game or not is up to the generation of potential buyers. This war includes some weapons from both WWII and Modern Warefare. It would be a "Ultimate Mash-up" Of the two genres. You could be running around with a M-16 and FlameThrower!

I would Personally enjoy either Vietnam or Korea wars but we will find out soon. Won't we?

Tell me what you would like to see or what you think will be the topic of the new game.