My new computer / case Video

Jordban

Hello,

I just created this little video about my new computer / case. The computer specs are

ASUS A8N-SLI

AMD Opteron 175 2.2Ghz

CORSAIR XMS 2GB 400Mhz 2-3-3-6

ATI Radeon X1800XT 512mb

2x Barracuda 320GB SATA 3.0Gb/s 16mb

ENERMAX Liberty 500W

19" widescreen 4ms

The case is made from 1/4" Acylic.

The video:

http://simplefolder.com/case.php

Picture of my video editing setup

http://simplefolder.com/prod.JPG

peace,

jordan

RAM that flashes... how pointless...

It's actually useful. Example x server fails to start in linux, i watch to see if the ram is proccessing anything or if something else has crashed, etc.

I gues that's not the best example, but there have been times I've checed to see if there was activity.

On my old computer I didn't even have the hard drive indicator plugged in. I just never needed it, but thats me.

Same here.

@metatron

No, however when handling the components it's nice to be grounded, which is a little hard with a plastic case. I guess if was more conserned I would of grounded myself with something else.

Most of my music is from the Gnutella network. That techno song is called

"Trance Megamix - (Sandstorm Vs Blow Your Mind Vs Zombie Nation Vs Blade Techno Opener) ƃā€šĆ‚Ā®.mp3"

If you have a Gnutella client, i would just search for it there.

If that is too much trouble i could just upload it for you.

ASUS A8N-SLI

AMD Opteron 175 2.2Ghz

What do you think of the ASUS motherboard? I have the same one and I thinks that it's a little to quirky for my taste. The stupid silicon image raid setup that stays up for 15 or 30 seconds every time I boot annoys me. Is there a way to stop it's stupid black screen that says press shift F8 to enter raid setup whenever I boot?

I had a monthbord that did that. In the RAID setup screen you could change the amount of time it was displayed, I set it to 1 second. Although you can turn it off, but then it doesn't display which keys you have to press to enter the RAID setup screen., and if I forgot it I would be screwed and have to clear my CMOS, so it's best if I set it to 1 second.

yuck, ati

Both ATI and NVIDIA are great companies. In some situations NVIDIA comes out on top, sometimes ATI comes out on top. It's really a matter of what kind of graphics youĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢re trying to support, your budget, the room in your case, etc. Without their (and other companies) fight for control over the market we wouldn't be able be half as far as we are today, in terms of processing power, and price. Making a generalization about ATI only tells us you have no clue what youĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢re talking about. Good day!

I use both ATi and nVidia actually... I like nVidia cards because their TV-Out is so much easier to use without screwing around with special cables and adaptors however I find ATi's cards generally more powerful in the real world...

They both produce some very good cards, nVidia gets my vote in the end because their drivers are always much nicer and require less screwing around but I still use ATi for the power... meh, it's nice to mix and match :)

Oh, I might be a little biased since my first proper card was a nVidia GeForce 4 440MX 64MB... no, wait... the TNT2 32MB was my first proper graphics card :D