Forced BSOD

Artanyis

Ok, I can guess that it has been discussed before, but I cant find it. So, I know there is a way to force a BSOD while windows is running. I have a reg key that I added that is supposed to work, but it didnt for me. If you want to give it a try here:

Location of System Key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesi8042prtParameters

Value(s) to Modify or Add: CrashOnCtrlScroll

Correct Data Type: REG_DWORD

Hex Value: 1 to enable, 0 to disable

hold down right Ctrl nad hit scroll lock twice

if you can get this to work please tell me, if you know of another way, again please tell me.

Wasn't this something the Microsoft devs put in so that they could test how the system responded in certain circumstances?

Might just be talking out of my ass here, but back when 2000 was public beta (aka just on the shelves) I thought they said that this existed in some interview.

Basicly I am a compuer tech, one of the most common things I do is clean off spyware, viruses, adware .... anyware, I've come accross acouple that I can compleatly remove... except for the fact that they stay active in the memory, a BSOD can fix this becuase it will cause a full memory dump, if I just clean everything and tryshutting down it creates a new root file that this virus/downloader can respawn itself from. So, if I can figure out how to force a BSOD it will get rid of the last trace. By the way, the example I just used was solved by a format and reinstall. And no, system recovery was disabled.