Darren is in the hospital

digip

To send or Not to send  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Given the fact that we now know where he is (minus room number), should we send some sort of care package to Darren while he is in the hospital? I leave it up to you. Good points from thsoe who said to give him his privacy (although he did tweet and podcast from the damn ER)

• Yes? Show him the community is behind him.
    • No? Give the man his privacy.
    • Maybe send something to his house instead.
    • Bah Humbug! No soup for you!

"Calling Dr. Bombay, calling Dr. Bombay. Emergency! Come right away!"

O.o Darren, reading this topic and ruining the fun, I'll have to get someone to change your chart for a prostate exam... :)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are great and I think it's awesome how you track down my hospital & floor number to send the proverbial flowers. FWIW I'm in 4-North and the nurses know my room # but I don't need any trinkets to know I'm cared for. Thank you for all your support. I hope to be back on my feet and producing Hak5 as soon as possible.

I think this is a cunning plan to load the hospital up with pineapples and monkeys.

BTW, the gift shop name in the Hospital is the "Pineapple Gift Shop" :)

I just found that to be a funny coincidence.

Hey guys, yeh I'm still in Virginia til the 24th. Thanks for the warm wishes while darren is in the hospital! Yesterday, when I went over there he was doing pretty good. I passed the pineapple gift shop and lolled to myself. :) I'll let Darren discuss the details if he really wants to because IMHO that's his privacy. I brought him his laptop so hopefully Darren doesn't die from boredom up in there so you'll probably see him around here like usual. :) let's just hope he gets out of the hospital by Christmas!!

Well, I believe his message is stating don't worry about it (course not in an asshat way, just saying he knows we care and etc.) so let's just back off of it, and hope he feels better soon.

btw. darren if your reading this, did they ever find out what happened to ya? By some of the way you explain it, it sounds @ one point like maybe they were thinking you have a urinary tract infection.

actually my gf had the contrast done in late november for possible appendicitis too, and the stuff you can taste it (if they do it via IV like hers and not a drink) either way but it warms you up too

hey if its not appendicitis tell them to check your gallbladder, hell why not just get all the useless organs out, tonsils, appendix, and gallbladder

Darren,

Hope that you feel better soon man. We are all behind you 1000% and if it is stones may the morphine gods be kind to you as you are passing those bad boys

The community is here for you, ask and it shall be done

Arise our fearless leader arise!

This is quite weird since I was in the hospital exactly a year ago with similar extreme pain and nobody knowing what it was coming from >.< So I know where you're coming from Darren and it's really quite unenjoyable. Mine turned out to be Crohns and I'm still trying to get the right concoction of medication to control it -.-' I really hope your case turns out to be something far less permanent. Being in the hospital for Christmas really sucks :( Get well soon man! The community is behind you, just tell us what to root! B) lol

As I write this the nurse in my room is finalizing my discharge orders. Looks like I'm going home a day early! I'll just have to follow-up with the doctors when I get back from my Toronto trip. Unless something weird is found from my biopsy I'm presumed healthy with instructions to "take it easy". I'm so ready to leave. Now I just need to find a ride home. They don't want me to drive since I'm on amnesia inducing drugs.