Half Life Potato Cannon

Jordban

last year i made a cannon out of similar materals. I would suggest going by a local pawn shop and buying musket loading powder and using that as a propellent, gives a real nice cannon sound and lots of smoke and power! :twisted:

But after those first 100 yards (football field) who wants to see a barely visible 4 inch potato? And, if it was shot at a 45 degree angle and goes 300 yards then you're just watching the first 150 yards in reverse! :shock:

3 potatoes for 3 times the fun! :lol:

Very logical!

I might have exagerated on the distance if a football field is 100 yards.. or 300 feet. Maybe closer to 150 yards or something.

150 yards is still damn good for a potato gun, most of my friends' only shot about 80 to 100. But most of those were built while intoxicated so I can see the large margin of error and faults in their designs.

use a regular propane torch with the tip on it and all, the venturi in it mixes the exact right amount of air with the propane for the best combustion. i made a small bore one out of an empty coleman propane tank as the combustion chamber(danger will robinson danger) and welded some pipe and a sparkplug to it it fires AA batteries nicely :)

not a chance, guass rifles are weak, especially the kids ones with permenent magnets. electromagnetic ones need a huge amount of power with complex electronics for timing and many stages to build up a good amount of velocity. railguns are a lot more powerful but also need a huge amount of power.