Australian Internet - No clean feed

psydT0ne

I'm pretty sure conservatives would do the same thing too. (Hints at US' patriot act, also, the rest of human political history)

Don't justify it like that. That's just silly.

"This internet filter is a little price to pay considering we'd have WORKCHOICES otherwise!"

That's how one should justify it if they are a ALP supporter.

Does one understand why and what I'm saying?

Be responsible for it all or don't support it at all.

I disagree with shit-loads of party policy but at the end of the day I may have voted them in so I wear the responsibility unless I'm prepared to change my stance and act.

The Rudd governments actions in parliament house should be a good idea of what is to come for the internet.

The anti-electioneering rules in the printing and communication allowance regulations prevent Members and Senators, including minor party members and independents from printing and posting material that ‘disparages or denigrates’ any political party. The rules apply to newsletters, correspondence between all members of Parliament and individual constituents and even copies of Hansard, the official record of Parliament, where the Government or its policies are criticised.

To ensure that correspondence complies with the new rules one is required to submit all material to the Department of Finance and Deregulation for vetting. Officials at the Department of Finance and Deregulation have interpreted the new rules to mean that any strong criticism of the Labor Government will be deemed unacceptable and thus not within the allowance. Words such as ‘mismanagement’, ‘reckless’, ‘irresponsible’ are banned from use.

Of course Government Ministers have the resources of entire departments to publish material critical of the Opposition and will not need to use the allowance, circumventing the new rules.

I could take a guess at what the liberals would have done after the election. They would have proceeded with proposals and possible a trial. It would cause some interesting uproar with freedom lovers in the party(hard "right"?) and it would have probably been optional from the start to finish. This is merely a guess and I'd probably not rely on it when you go to vote.

I, personally think Rudd's filter will not slow down the internet if it works off a system of blacklisting websites rather than just web pages.

I hope people understand how the ALP is set-up. It does not encourage voice or freedom within its own party, so why would it allow the people the same freedom?

Parties like the pirate party, greens and alp will essentially be a vote for less freedom. This is simply due to their likely preferences and principles of the parties.

I'd like to finish with this. History is one of the safest things for one to judge. So I'd encourage all to look at history when it's time to vote. I'd also like people to look at history before they go on and on about climate change.

The ALP has a strong history of making government bigger and costing jobs through failed IR reform, sending this country into the dark ages via debt. The liberal party has a strong history of standards of living increases, lower taxes and until Howard trying to keep government small(Howard boosted public service far too much).

If I have not convinced you for federal politics look at your own state.

This is an important bit of my whole post! Every moment bad governments have your country or state in debt because of waste or failure, that's a moment the next responsible government can't do something because they have no money.

When you have no more freedoms, don't come crying to me. I'll be leading the resistance and won't have time for those who do not respect freedom.

FYI Obama's popularity is plummeting because people have finally woken up. Kevin Rudd shares the same ideologies as Obama it would appear.

As I was saying earlier today to someone. A quick solution would be to make voting optional so then only those who read would show up to vote. I personally would struggle to support that because I really like the THOUGHT of people being involved. It appears there are many people who don't want to be involved and are suckers for deception.