hehehehehehehehe i like it :D

melodic

ALL religion stemmed from another at one point and everything, in the beginning, was one religion. I have no idea what it was called (should have payed attention in world religion class).

I think you are thinking of the continents there, religion hasn't come from one unified belief.

Christianity and Catholicism are somewhat the same. Both based on the belief in Christ. But there are too different, i dunno..."types" of Catholicism, English and Roman. Somewhere along the line, back in the day, this king was involved and the Vatican or somebody didn't like that he was changing the way they were doing something, and so Catholicism was split, and as far as I know, English Catholics are more lenient with their rules or something....

A not so far off lesson by Arsenic, the guy who "sort of" remembers history.... :lol:

Religon is a joke. Listen to some George Carlin jokes, or how he trims down the 10 commandments to a single one.

As for the image, it would be mighty appropriate if he was screaming the vocals of the song Blind by At The Gates.

ALL religion stemmed from another at one point and everything, in the beginning, was one religion. I have no idea what it was called (should have payed attention in world religion class).

I think you are thinking of the continents there, religion hasn't come from one unified belief.

Pangea? Maybe but I recall somewhere I read that a unified religion was first erected when the masses of homosapiens first liven in a central area (south-east africa?) and started the first religion, belief. It then stemmed down and evolved into others as the humans traveled to other parts of the globe and evolved as well.

Or I may haven been on shroom-tea, who knows.

Religon is a joke. Listen to some George Carlin jokes, or how he trims down the 10 commandments to a single one.

As for the image, it would be mighty appropriate if he was screaming the vocals of the song Blind by At The Gates.

In this cell that is ours there is no pity

No sunrise on the cold plain that is our soul

No beckoning to a warm horizon

The sun shall never greet my eyes again

It is our world

It has been stolen from us, bastards

No goddamn sun

No goddamn pain

I've searched my heart for love

But all in vain

No goddamn soul, no goddamn pain

Exploring life, without fear

Without feeling I am one with my torment

And forever blind

My desire clenches itself in a hungry fist

And welcomes my soul to the thirst of dying

Mother of all, come take your revenge

The sun shall never greet my eyes again

In the Bullshit Department, a businessman can't hold a candle to a clergyman. 'Cause I gotta tell you the truth, folks. When it comes to bullshit, big-time, major league bullshit, you have to stand in awe of the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims, religion. No contest. No contest. Religion. Religion easily has the greatest bullshit story ever told. Think about it. Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does NOT want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send YOU to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

But He _loves_ you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow... just can't handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good bullshit story. Holy Shit!

But I want you to know something, this is sincere, I want you to know, when it comes to believing in God, I really tried. I really, really tried. I tried to believe that there is a God, who created each of us in His own image and likeness, loves us very much, and keeps a close eye on things. I really tried to believe that, but I gotta tell you, the longer you live, the more you look around, the more you realize, something is fucked up.

Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed. Results like these do not belong on the résumé of a Supreme Being. This is the kind of shit you'd expect from an office temp with a bad attitude. And just between you and me, in any decently-run universe, this guy would've been out on his all-powerful ass a long time ago. And by the way, I say "this guy", because I firmly believe, looking at these results, that if there is a God, it has to be a man.

No woman could or would ever fuck things up like this. So, if there is a God, I think most reasonable people might agree that he's at least incompetent, and maybe, just maybe, doesn't give a shit. Doesn't give a shit, which I admire in a person, and which would explain a lot of these bad results.

Did you guys not study religion in high school or something?

Are you going to enlighten us then harrison?

I did in high school but I was usually sitting in the corner with my laptop working on a program in vb for my programming class or messing around on an irc channel instead of paying attention. First thing I learned in high school - You don't have to pay attention to get an A.

<snip>

Amen (pun intended)