Free Domain Turned into SSH Server

MadHatter

Hello Everyone,

I have been watching all of the videos, and lately most of them have been concerning servers and tunneling. I do not have a server nor do i know how to make one, but I have a free domain at FreeWeb7.com and I was wondering if anyone knows how i would go about turning it into a ssh server. I do not believe it supports ssh naturally but i was hoping that someone could help me out with maybe turning it into one. I would greatly apprecieate any help on turning it into a ssh server. http://freeweb7.com

MadHatter

You would need shell access on the server and I don't know of any free hosting accounts that offer shell accounts for their service. If they allow php scripts to run on their server, you could in theory run a root shell script, like the c99.php hacks and then gain access to set up a user on the system, but that would be illegal and you would probably be arrested if you were caught. Best bet, save some money, get a real domain and set up a shell account. Dreamhost gives you shell access with your accounts and its easy to tunnel through your own site.

You can use your home machine as either an ssh box or vpn. Both would work but you would need to open ports on the firewall and port forward if you have a router between the pc and the modem.