Hotmail how to send spam

tcas

I was shocked to find out today the someone had used by contact list and sent a spam email to all including me. The emails were in my sent folder. Does this mean that someone found out my password?

Can anyone shed any light on how you could do this? And how i go about returning the favour?

Change your passwords just to be safe and scan your machine before doing anything else, don't want to give anyone the new password in the process.

Ok changed my password, now major long, and scaned hdd. I have had the hotmail account since the stone age and this is never happend before.

Have you ever forwarded chain mail? - never m8

I have arp redirected in lab and logged user/password in reality if I use a proxy then they have full access to all packets? Erm this has got me fired up so started reserch......

If you are using some public proxy, then they can monitor all your traffic and log for specific things like usernames and passwords, session cookies, etc. Best to use a secure tunnel through your own sites or vpn home if possible.

Do you use the same password anywhere other than hotmail, because if they got it from somethign like msn, or live, etc, they could have deduced yoru hotmail address and kept trying, or they could have even figured out yoru rest questiuon/.