Crazy idea would it work?

Employee

Ok I've been reading about radio waves I was wondering do cordless phones run on radio waves? If so, do cell phones run on radiowaves? If this is also correct I would like to create a box that sends out radio waves on all frequency's from 800mhz and up until I can do it. Would this inturn cover the other signals? And would it be possible to maybe make another device to listen into cell phone, or cordless phones.

Yes, Yes, It's been done, It's called jamming, cordless phones can be listen in on by using a simple radio "scaner," Cellphones are more complex, and harder to listen in on.

Next Time, Google

Cell Phone jamming

Wikipedia entry on radio jamming

I heard also that you can use a 100 Mhz resonator attched to an attanna can jam the entire FM spectrum.

You can only listen in on analouge cell phone calls using a scanner, GSM/the other digital cell phone standard I cannot remember is digital and needs more complex kit to listen in to. I think only the 3rd world uses analoge cell phones these days...

Jamming is fairly easy, just put out white noise on the right frequences at a high enough power and nothing will work on that range. But, you will be tracked to the jammer and depending on location either get arrested or a 250lbs smart bomb dropped on your head.

But, you will be tracked to the jammer and depending on location either get arrested or a 250lbs smart bomb dropped on your head.

Not sure about the government bombing you but you will get caught and you will go to prison and have to pay a very very large fine. Not to mention not being allowed to play with any piece of electronics for the rest of your life.

But, you will be tracked to the jammer and depending on location either get arrested or a 250lbs smart bomb dropped on your head.

Not sure about the government bombing you but you will get caught and you will go to prison and have to pay a very very large fine. Not to mention not being allowed to play with any piece of electronics for the rest of your life.

The trick to using a jammers is to not stay with it. You put it down turn it on and just walk away.

But they its not going to follow my target and people are probably going to work through it without noticing because it probably doesn't have a very good range.

Well, I'm kind of hesitant to say this, but what if you dropped a timed jammer into a heavily populated area? Set it to like an hour, it starts jamming within an hour, they drop a smart bomb? That's like "hi I don't need a bomb anymore, America provides them for me, all I have to do it set up a device for it to track!". Sure, it might work in an enemy country where they don't care about women and children being killed, but if they were to do that here they'd need to make up another 9/11-esque coverup just so people wouldn't recognize them for the mass murdering tyrants they are.

Dunno, if one just sprang up in the middle of a populated area they'd send the cops in first. Could just be a cinema or something. If it was in america you'd probally just get some guys with a laptop kicking down your door and arresting you.

However, if your jamming any type of comm traffic in a combat zone, your probally not an inocent bystander are you?

• 2 weeks later...

I love how America is the only country in the world to be called 'mass murdering tyrants' I mean after all it wasn't Saddam that killed millions of Kurds...it was America. Well I am a big fan of the show but the forums pretty much suck. A majority of the questions asked in these forums are automatically answered with a 'your so freaking stupid' menatality, or a how dare you ask such a stupid question. But anyways, thx for the show, fix the forums.

I love how America is the only country in the world to be called 'mass murdering tyrants' I mean after all it wasn't Saddam that killed millions of Kurds...it was America. Well I am a big fan of the show but the forums pretty much suck. A majority of the questions asked in these forums are automatically answered with a 'your so freaking stupid' menatality, or a how dare you ask such a stupid question. But anyways, thx for the show, fix the forums.

No there are a lot of far worse groups than the USA out there, its just your very powerful and your politicans on boths sides of the house are morons (John Macain aside). What the rest of the world doesn't like is the way you throw your power around without being honest to us, or your own people. I love the US consitutan, the bill of rights and the power and freedom that gives you as a right. But your politicans on both sides are taking it away from you. As for your troops, there making the best of a bad situation, but there people giving them orders are in the wrong.

As for the forums, noted...

i really did not mean any disrespect with my comments about the forums, but it is irritating reading the same stuff over and over in almost every topic. I dunno, maybe I am just having a bad day because I know how irritating it can get reading stupid questions. So I guess I really have no argument now. Ah well, I already sent this way off topic so I'll shaddup.

• 2 weeks later...

They actually are cell-phone disturbing devices. In France i have heard about because cell-phones suck in cinema, opera and other live performances.

Then, i think there's already aa patent on this ... so don't say "hurrah i'm going to be rich".

About law : if you use such a device, then it certainly has not to disturb cops frequencies, it may have a limited emitting power (to prevent blackouts over the city, body damages by RF waves...), and you'll have to put a big panel which explain cellphones won't work and also have to ask an authorization.

edit : also you can disturb pacemakers with RF, so be carefull, really

And, about everything that uses RF, never use it with high currents/voltages. RF are also used to transform gaz into plasma... that's harmfull. If you feel nuts : http://jlnlabs.online.fr/plasma/gmrtst/ .

Actually, over here someone got fined for installing a cell phone blocker.

This was a coffeeshop (as in, where the weed gets sold here) owner who was sick and tired of harddrug dealers killing time in his place. They would just hang around, do the legal drugs and cause problems out of sheer boredom while waiting for their cell phone to go off, meaning that they had somewhere to be.

So, he installed the blocker and within days the troublemakers were gone as they couldn't be reached while there anymore causing them to lose business.

Then one day a doctor or whatever walked by and noticed that his cell reception got shittier and shittier as he came closer to the place. He filed a complaint with the telecom authority who did some measurements, found the source, and got the police involved to deal with it.

The reason this blocker was illegal was that the blocker prevented people from calling the emergency services, which is a big no-no.