Jasager on Linksys Router

i found an old Linksys Router model number WRK54G im not sure what the version is or if it even matters. i searched google about this and really could find the answer i was looking for. is it possible to put open/wrt on this router and then put jasager on it? if so what is the best way. if its possible i aslo want to put a battery pack on it. i know where it goes i just dont know were to find how much power it actually needs. thanks a ton.

Wouldn't best way to test if it works to actually try and test if it works?

For the batteries just do exactly as you would do with the FON router, all nessecery information (Voltage/Amps) can be found at the bottom of your router (or from to power cord and ofc from the manual)

i found an old Linksys Router model number WRK54G im not sure what the version is or if it even matters. i searched google about this and really could find the answer i was looking for. is it possible to put open/wrt on this router and then put jasager on it? if so what is the best way. if its possible i aslo want to put a battery pack on it. i know where it goes i just dont know were to find how much power it actually needs. thanks a ton.

Manufacturer/Model - Linksys WRK54G

Supported - not possible

Yet @ https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=4428 we find:

Per http://hardware.mcse.ms/message14506.html

When dealing with the Linksys WRK54G you need to refer to it as a

WPC54G. This is the part number of the kit that the WRK54G came in.

This IS in the RMA model list. This is also the case when downloading

firmware for it. It so happens that the firmware is the same as the

WRT54G even though some people say it is different, when you download

the f/w for the WRK54G you get the file for the WRT54G.

So we already know it's a Marvell sub-produced chipset per that thread...Perhaps the MX Flash memory is via Co-Branding?

I do not know much else. Google the hell out of it. If you are not using it, you may as well brick it. Linksys models have functional reset buttons under both Kamikaze and White Russian...

So this lands us with a firm maybe. I would treat it like a WRT54G and see what happens. ;)

Worry about the battery pack till after you see if the rest will work.

This wont do the same thing as the Fonera router because the fonera router basically has 2 seperate network cards in it the linksys has only one the functionality of the program is designed around the fonera router for a reason. If you get a fon router and set jasager up you will fully understand the difference and why the fonera router must be used

This wont do the same thing as the Fonera router because the fonera router basically has 2 seperate network cards in it the linksys has only one the functionality of the program is designed around the fonera router for a reason. If you get a fon router and set jasager up you will fully understand the difference and why the fonera router must be used

Yeah but its all about money i could cough up some for it but since i will have a kid here in 1 month i really should save.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I haven't tried with the firmware release but with the individual packages it was just the same but using the pico firmware from OpenWRT rather then the normal one.

• 9 months later...

Ubiquity Picostation2

Which version of OpenWRT to load?

Version 7.09 with kernel_2.6.21.5-atheros-1_mips.ipk so kmod-gpio_2.6.21.5-atheros-1_mips.ipk will work?

Or can you use the (//downloads.openwrt.org/kamikaze/8.09.2/atheros/openwrt-atheros-ubnt2-pico2-squashfs.bin)?

If I load the new 8.09.2 do I use (//downloads.openwrt.org/kamikaze/8.09.2/atheros/packages/karma_20060124-1.1_mips.ipk)

Witch comes with the madwifi ?

Or do I use (//www.digininja.org/files/jasager-madwifi_1.ipk)?

Does anyone have a How To?

I have searched the web over and see where people claim to have it working on Ubiquiti products,

But no “How To” or brags of results.

Its been a while since I updated anything but the firmware on my site should work fine on the Picostation. You'll get an older version of openwrt though.

I don't know ath is in the karma patches on the openwrt site, someone may have packaged my stuff up or it may be someoneelses.

Flat out at the moment so don't have any time to give much more of an answer, sorry.

Its been a while since I updated anything but the firmware on my site should work fine on the Picostation. You'll get an older version of openwrt though.

I don't know ath is in the karma patches on the openwrt site, someone may have packaged my stuff up or it may be someoneelses.

Flat out at the moment so don't have any time to give much more of an answer, sorry.

No still can’t get it to work.

I have loaded OpenWRT , Backfire, Piranaha, Trac, Nightwing, Robin and Ubiquiti just fine,

But can’t seem to get Jasager to load.

Ok finally got Jasager on the Picostation2.

This is what I did. ( May not work for all )

Programs I used Windows 7, WinSCP, tftpd32, Putty.

1.Took the Pico back to factory with latest firmware.

(PicoStation2-v3.6.build4703.bin)

2.Installed OpenWRT.

(kamikaze.openwrt.org/8.09.2/atheros/openwrt-atheros-ubnt2-pico2-squashfs.bin)

Follow this How To for steps 1 & 2.

(ubnt.com/wiki/Installing_OpenWRT_on_NanoStations/Bullets)

3.Telneted in (192.168.1.1) changed password, reboot

4. WinSCP to (192.168.1.1)

Made a folder in (/tmp) copied over the ipk files needed.

(Drag and Drop)

IPKS I used ( May not need all )

zlib_1.2.3-5_mips

ruby-core_1.8.6-p36-1.1_mips

ruby-cgi_1.8.6-p36-1.1_mips

ruby_1.8.6-p36-1.1_mips

libruby_1.8.6-p36-1.1_mips

karma_20060124-1.1_mips

haserl_0.9.24-1_mips

aircrack-ptw_1.0.0-1_mips

aircrack-ng_r1396-1.2_mips

libpthread_0.9.29-14.3_mips

libpcap_0.9.8-1_mips

libopenssl_0.9.8i-3.2_mips

libncurses_5.6-1_mips

kmod-madwifi_2.6.30.10+r3314-4_atheros

5. Putty ssh to (192.168.1.1)

Username= ?

Password = ?

cd ..

cd tmp

cd whatever you called the new folder

ls

opkg install *.ipk ( had to do this a few times until all installed because of dependencies )

uci set wireless.wifi0.disabled=0

uci commit wireless && wifi

reboot

6. WinSCP to (192.168.1.1)

Copied over jasager-madwifi_1.tar.gz and jasager_2.1-1_mips.tar.gz

(Make sure these go in /root)(You should see /etc , /bin , /tmp and so on )

Go to /www and renamed index.html to index2.html

Made a folder in (/tmp) copied over webif_0.3-4838_mips.ipk

7. Putty ssh to (192.168.1.1)

cd ..

mv /www/index.html /www/webif.html

cp -R /karma/www/* /www/

cd /tmp/whatever you called the new folder

opkg install webif_0.3-4838_mips.ipk

tar –xvzf jasager-madwifi_1.tar.gz

tar-xvzf jasager_2.1-1_mips.tar.gz

reboot

192.168.1.1 ( Jasager main page)

192.168.1.1/cgi-bin/webif/info.sh (X-Wrt main page )

192.168.1.1/cgi-bin/luci (Luci main page)

This is as far as I have got so far. When I press Karma on it stays on off and comes up on right side

Of the screen saying Karma has been taken down. Have no idea why yet.

Any Help?? Anyone ??