Linux Graphics Problem

darkzar99

as far as i know it was, when i asked this same question on ubuntuforums.com theytold me i needed to install binary drivers and they gave me a link to ubuntu's site on how to do it,and i got no errors during installation of that so im gussing it was, but i have to reinstall windows on that machine also (dual boot) so i am probably going to start over and try changing BusID with it back on the old drivers and see if that works

as far as i know it was, when i asked this same question on ubuntuforums.com theytold me i needed to install binary drivers and they gave me a link to ubuntu's site on how to do it,and i got no errors during installation of that so im gussing it was, but i have to reinstall windows on that machine also (dual boot) so i am probably going to start over and try changing BusID with it back on the old drivers and see if that works

BTW did you check that the file Flgrx was in the directory?

tried it with just the one monitor?

Well I just finished trying that and it still didn't work, this was a complete re-install with only 1 monitor connected, so I guess dual monitors had nothing to do with it, I will also try to install with the 32-bit version to see if its the 64-bit thats causing the problems

I finally got it, i asked on ubuntu forums and they told me to run this:

sudo apt-get install xorg-driver-fglrx

sudo apt-get install linux-restricted-modules-`uname -r`

sudo reboot now

sudo aticonfig --initial --input=/etc/X11/xorg.conf

sudo reboot now

and now it works!