old iphone

ParMan

i have an old i phone 3g 16gb that i dont use since i got an iphone 3gs 16gb all it does is sit in the box. i know there are a lot of things like nmap and metasploit and many other tools on it. but i do that on my new phone. what im wondering is if there was anything i could do to my phone. hak5 style. like turning it into a fon or something along that line.

there really isn't much out there in the iphone scene for non-activated phones, I think the best thing you will find at the moment for jailbroken iphones in this nature is PDANet for tethering the phone to your Mac or PC. But there's already a carrier setting hack for that.

Best thing you would do with it is toss it to ebay and get a few hundred bucks for it.

there really isn't much out there in the iphone scene for non-activated phones, I think the best thing you will find at the moment for jailbroken iphones in this nature is PDANet for tethering the phone to your Mac or PC. But there's already a carrier setting hack for that.

Best thing you would do with it is toss it to ebay and get a few hundred bucks for it.

well that wouldnt work for my non active phone. since it uses the phones internet and tethers it to you computer. and there is no connection to it. and i always have that on my 3GS that is jailbroken.

i didnt know if there would be any way of taking it apart and maybe modding something to be more useful. not sure really. just think it would be sweet.

im not really trying to install apps on the phone to do something with it i could use my phone that i carry around with me if i wanted to.

i want to take the phone a part and dink with it and create something cool out if it. i just dont know if its possible.