Wardriving..In Washington

lonelyloser91

Well i was bored today...And my Aunt had called me in to Reformat her computer and get it all running well....and i decided to go Wardriving on the way over here on the 1 hour drive...

I was amazed as i came out of the drive way and hit 10 APs...

Then even on the Freeway i was still picking up Tons...

Over the house i had picked up about 150 or so....

And connected to about 10...

But now im sitting here installing everything on my aunts system and adding a WEP Encryption Key and Changing the admin passwords to her new Linksys Wireless router....

So bored..

dding a WEP Encryption Key

Use WPA if you can, WEP can be cracked by a hacker that wants to spend the time doing it, rather than one that doesn't have the time.

WPA is more secure, although like anything security rated, not perfect or unbreakable.

Mostly i think he added it because i think his aunt was whining about it being easily accessable. Because if you see 2 routers, one open and one unopen your gunna go for the open one, generally...

I don't doubt that but you should where possible use the most secure features available. There are plenty of people that will crack WEP simply to do it, or they might be more malicous and start stealing password and credit card details.

It might not fit wireless encryption particularly well, but if something is protected then people are more likely to have an interest in it.

Just use good ole wireing fuck that fake ass wireless shit man. Hardwiring is where its at!

Wired networking isn't always practical, perhaps if you spent the time on wireless then you wouldn't think it was shit.

On another note, most things are able to be broken, the solution is to use lots of security measures and hope that the people trying to break into your wireless network give up, or can't get through everything.

VPN is probably the best major way of securing the internet. Personally I like watching people sitting on my wireless network trying to get the interent and not getting anything. They soon move off.

As well as VPN i have Radius set up for authentication for the Internet with Captive Portal and Radius on the network authentication. MAC filter makes things a little harder for hackers as well and is worth implementing. Also some a good firewall or two in the right place is a must.

WPA is very secure compared to WEP, you can't make the remark that it's easier to crack then WEP. WEP is totally broken and can be cracked within a matter of minutes. If a router is setup with WPA and a *strong* password (the flaw you were speaking of only works with really weak passwords) it's very secure, much more so then WEP. If WPA2 is available as an option, use that instead.

WPA is very secure compared to WEP, you can't make the remark that it's easier to crack then WEP. WEP is totally broken and can be cracked within a matter of minutes. If a router is setup with WPA and a *strong* password (the flaw you were speaking of only works with really weak passwords) it's very secure, much more so then WEP. If WPA2 is available as an option, use that instead.

98% of people don’t use strong passwords, they make them easy to remember.

well no, becasue the gateway isn;t handled by your browser, it's handled by the operating system. Even if you do set the default gateway correctly it still won;t work, becasue the AP will try to send it to it's default gateway which doesn;t exsist.

Use the password generator at grc.com and get a reallllllllllllllyyyyyyyy lonnnnggggggg one!! :lol:

Use the password generator at grc.com and get a reallllllllllllllyyyyyyyy lonnnnggggggg one!! Laughing

You should never ever use a password generator, even from grc.com. Its a security flaw that could lead to your password from being broken.

I Like Cookies!