what is best mini laptop on the market today?

nitrox

Best small laptop  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these laptops do you prefer?

• Asus Eee PC 1005HA
    • Samsung NC10
    • Dell Mini 10
    • Acer ONE

Hello all,

I am on the market for a new mini laptop and I wanted to know which one gives the best bang for the buck out there.

I've heard some good things about Dell Mini, Acer ONE, ASUS Eee PC, Samsung NC10.

I will try my best to use it just for surfing the web, watching videos online, but I know I will eventually try to do moer with it. So I would like some good performance out of it.

Also, if possible, I'd like to stay away from Windows XP home. If it comes with it, I want to be able to change it to Win 7 or Linux. So support for these would be nice.

What do you guys recommend? Which one's your favorite?

Thank you all for your time.

N

I personally own a Mini 10v, and I love it. When I bought it, the prime purpose was for hackintoshing it (dual boot w/ Win7), for a while I was triple booting it (OS X, Win7, UNR), and now I'm back to dual booting it, but just Windows 7 and Ubuntu Netbook Remix 9.04.

It's a bitch to upgrade the RAM on it though since you have to pull out the entire motherboard. Conversely, with the Mini 10, its soldered on, so at least with the 10v it's replaceable.

Hello all,

I am on the market for a new mini laptop and I wanted to know which one gives the best bang for the buck out there.

I've heard some good things about Dell Mini, Acer ONE, ASUS Eee PC, Samsung NC10.

I will try my best to use it just for surfing the web, watching videos online, but I know I will eventually try to do moer with it. So I would like some good performance out of it.

Also, if possible, I'd like to stay away from Windows XP home. If it comes with it, I want to be able to change it to Win 7 or Linux. So support for these would be nice.

What do you guys recommend? Which one's your favorite?

Thank you all for your time.

N

Screw them, you want a Psion NetBook.

i am currently using an Asus eee pc 900HD with an upgraded 2GB of ram plus a intel wifilink 5100 wireless n card, which needed an extra antenna in the lcd (easy to do). The only downside to this little machine is its pile of crap CPU, celeron m dothan @ 990 when its overclocked, which is great for somethings but not for others.

However I would reccomend the Asus eee PC 1000HE, which has an intel atom chip. My buddy has got one and I wish i would have bought something with the same CPU because overall, anything is better than a celeron m in todays market, and the Atom meets mobile needs. Both of us run Ubuntu 9.10 (karmic), XP, and Windows 7 on our little hacktops. If you do plan to run Windows 7 however, get an eee pc 1000 or above because they have the intel i945 chipset vs. my pile of i915 graphics, aka no aero support for me (no hardware scheduler) :P

OH BTW he also gets in the vicinity of 6 hours on his battery with his 1000, but on my 900 i only get somwhere around 3.