SMI MPT Difficulties

paprika27

Hey guys,

I've got a VID 090c, PID 1000 with a SM325AC/SM321U Chip and the suitable SMI MPTool 1.17.13.

I am trying to get rid of the ad-filled "partition" (I know that's not what it is) that shows as a CD-Drive.

I think what I'm wanting to do is write CID and add no ROM. However, when I write the CID with the automatic DBF Method, the "Copy Test" fails. I can skip the test and everything is fine, sure enough. But I would rather have it bein copied properly, since I am so far unable to format, let alone use the drive. The ROM doesn't open on Plug-In anymore either which is good :D

Or do I need to put anything into the "CID ISP Folder" field on the bottom left hand side?

Yes, I have been using the Factory Drivers, but as you might have noticed, I'm rather new to this so I might have made a mistake.

Maybe the problem is the automatic DBF Method? Maybe it's not choosing the right model? How could I find it out "manually" if it doesn't say it on the housing of the pen drive?

Any help much appreciated.

greetings

P

post-16316-1257668862_thumb.jpg