Performance Monitoring Software

Anti419

Hi All,

This is my new favorite spot--I've been perusing the site as a guest for a few weeks now and have found a ton of useful information. I'd venture to say that I will most likely become a regular. I have a favor to ask. Could someone recommend some performance monitoring software? I need to monitor CPU, memory, and I/O usage on all the PCs in my office for a while. I am considering desktop virtualization and need to determine my hardware needs. I spent hours searching the web for such software but everything I find is for post-VDI implementation. From what I can gather, VMware provides such software to registered partners but not the public. Thanks!

PS: All the conflicting information out there about VDI is very confusing... :blink:

I'm deploying System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 currently, this has various management packs but the 2 that will interest you are the Information Worker and Client packs, which will allow you to monitor your desktop systems. It is very complex though, I have a 4" thick book on my desk about the thing. But you will be able to get all the information you need from this, and you can use trial versions or an MSDN account.

You can also use SNMP and WMI to monitor various things, I can't tell you as much about this, but you can do quite a lot with these 2.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...