Zonealarm for Windows 7

fbys294

I've used firewalls in the past and found that I like zonealarm but when I did a fresh installation of windows 7 4 months ago I tried to install zonealarm in compatible mode and it did not work. So now they come up with a version for windows 7 but you have to pay, What's up with that? I was thinking if you could extract the drivers from the the 30 days free trail and then install the free edition in compatible mode. Or if someone knows of a good firewall, I used comodo and don't like it.

@sparda, you mainly use linux, so why would you be using zonealarm anyway? Norton nd McAfee are sh!t.

As for fbys294, the new zonealarm on 7 works fine, I have it installed and no issues whatsoever. Pay the damn money or find a free alternative like Comodo. They still offer a free version of ZA, but you get no options to configure it like the suite version: http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en-us/fr...rm-firewall.htm (On the left side, free download link to cnet "Download Basic Firewall")

Ive been using zonealrm since like 1998 and have had only minor problems when new updates caused issues here and there, but minor enough to not leave them, just roll back to previous versions until fixes come out. Best personal software firewall for windows, hands down in my opinion, but you don't have to take my word for it.

@sparda, you mainly use linux, so why would you be using zonealarm anyway? Norton nd McAfee are sh!t.

I was using ZoneAlarm back on Windows 98, when dialup was the thing. I used it for a short time on XP but relised how slow it made every thing befor switching to Sunbelt's free firewall for a short time which seemed to be better at the time, when XP SP2 was released I just gave up on third party firewalls all together, then started using Ubuntu ;)

As for fbys294, the new zonealarm on 7 works fine, I have it installed and no issues whatsoever. Pay the damn money or find a free alternative like Comodo. They still offer a free version of ZA, but you get no options to configure it like the suite version: http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en-us/fr...rm-firewall.htm (On the left side, free download link to cnet "Download Basic Firewall")

Ive been using zonealrm since like 1998 and have had only minor problems when new updates caused issues here and there, but minor enough to not leave them, just roll back to previous versions until fixes come out. Best personal software firewall for windows, hands down in my opinion, but you don't have to take my word for it.

Thanks for all your input but I'm a student at college and don't have spear cash for something that used to be free. I find something else that should work.