Linksys NAS trouble

freshpoint

Here's my problem.I cannot access my NAS by Linksys in my Vista PC, but I have no problem with my Macbook using a wireless connection. The MAC see the network clearly and all things attached to it. My PC cannot even find the Server even though I use network magic and it shows up clears as day there. I cannot figure out how to access the files on the NAS with my PC. I have tried mapping but Vista does not see the files on the NAS. I get a icon with the server but when I click on it nothing happens. What is the macbook doing differently to see the files that the PC is not?

Here's my problem.I cannot access my NAS by Linksys in my Vista PC, but I have no problem with my Macbook using a wireless connection. The MAC see the network clearly and all things attached to it. My PC cannot even find the Server even though I use network magic and it shows up clears as day there. I cannot figure out how to access the files on the NAS with my PC. I have tried mapping but Vista does not see the files on the NAS. I get a icon with the server but when I click on it nothing happens. What is the macbook doing differently to see the files that the PC is not?

You probably need to enable NTLM v1 authentication (turned off by default in Vista).

Additionally, set the NAS with a static IP address so you don't have to rely on automagic.