Serial access .. but not ethernet access

I have built the serial cable and got that connected to the fon 2201C-UK

I have the Ethernet cable connected to my Ubuntu netbook which is running a tftp server on it so I can send the openwrt-atheros-vmlinux.lzma file across BUT my netbook won't connect to the fon.

It starts connecting but then fails

Any help?

If you need more information just ask and I will try to provide you with it so you can help me =]

I have the serial connection connected and working correctly and I can access redboot, just after I tried fis init my netbook disconnected and would no longer stay connected after that for me to download the vmlinux to the fon

Is there another way to send the files ? or do I have a dead fon?

I have run fis init and when I switch the fon on it cannot get past redboot as it has nothing to load

About not being able to connect to it over Ethernet:

Before when I connected the fon with the Ethernet cable the netbook would say it was connected on the ethernet port BUT now it isn't so the fon cannot connect to the tftp server that is on my netbook and can't get the files =/

I have run fis init and when I switch the fon on it cannot get past redboot as it has nothing to load

That is correct, you have wiped the flash by running fis init.

About not being able to connect to it over Ethernet:

Before when I connected the fon with the Ethernet cable the netbook would say it was connected on the ethernet port BUT now it isn't so the fon cannot connect to the tftp server that is on my netbook and can't get the files =/

Have you setup the ip addresses in redboot?

Set the ip of the fon

ip_address -l 192.168.1.1/24

Set the ip of the tftp server

ip_address -h 192.168.1.254

check the addresses

ip_address