MurderBox is teh sex

psydT0ne

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wicked PC, outdated in 6 months.

Aint that the truth...and its sad, because it is.

mmhmm... Did you look at any of the other cases on that site though? There were a few gems but most of those looked like anything any old joe like me and you could buy and slap together.

Also, why the hell is the temp gauges located on the inside of the case like that? I mean I know it's for show, but imagine how much of a pain in the ass that would be if your shit started overheating or something and you were trying to monitor it...

Oh well, guess it's like a Lambo... Looks flawless, but just for show...

You see I rather the machines shown at milliondollarpc. Why? Because cable management can look nice and improve air flow. I'm redoing my machine in the next few weeks, and I'll show you the difference before and after.

You see I rather the machines shown at milliondollarpc. Why? Because cable management can look nice and improve air flow. I'm redoing my machine in the next few weeks, and I'll show you the difference before and after.

With that much liquid cooling, airflow isn't really an issue. i for one am very interested in how they did the video cards with cooling and SLI? All of the pumps and power supplies are in the base with the radiator so thats where all the airflow needs to be. They only had 3 fans in the whole thing! and 4 SSD's so the whole thing is virtualy silent as well :lol:

Overall in 6 months it might be outdated but i'm sure that it will play every game to this point fantastically

very very sweet setup

You see Wetwork in that aspect you are mostly correct, however the ram is still passively cooled, as are most of the VRMs. They need airflow over them to keep them cool. Not much mind you, but they do need it.

Beautiful PC no doubt but I don't see how it could cost more than 10-15k no way is it a 1million dollar PC

Methinks you are confused.

Million-Dollar-PC.com (MDPC) is a collection & gallery of some of the world's most beautiful computer systems. The galleries contain only pictures that are authorized by the owner. If you know an owner of a system that should be displayed on MDPC - please do not hesitate and make him / her contact MDPC or just enter the URL pointing to a picture of the system into the 'report-sighting' field - MDPC will then contact the owner directly :-) And this is how it works » our submission tutorial.

Please be aware that MDPC will not accept unauthorized use of any content found on MDPC. For authorization-requests, do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks for your support and respect for my work.

Keep it up and build some nice rigs that will change the future!

They don't make it or sell it. Just post happy shiny pictures of PCs. http://www.murderbox.com/ made that one.

Question: How much does a murderbox cost?

Every murderbox is executed to perfection – it really comes down to the choice of components and the amount of custom work involved. A well appointed murderbox with a single LC loop, GPU and a few drives typically comes in around the $6k mark while a build with considerable custom work and exotic hardware can run in excess of two to three times that.

So in essence you are correct! ;)

It looks very nice, the only thing I would think twice about is that it has LED names of the drivers loaded for each PCI slot, that has to take energy up, and it is unessisary, when you can see that at BIOS. If you want something pretty and expensive then sure.. go with it.

If you are really into computers then learn how to build something like that yourself.. much props on building what you did the design looks cool and you have done what alot of people cant, which is building your own very custom PC. *Props*

Man after looking at those pics and how you made it , I think you have alot of talent man.. I just dont know that many people with the money to purchase your product. The idea though of creating your own style of box the "Murderbox" and making all the details how you like and selling it i think is a great idea, but you may want to try that on Ebay. Then you will truly see what people think about what your product is worth and you will get real sales..f&ck alienware boxes go with the Murderbox.. :) make a slogan, kill the industry

Alienware has not been worth the money since back when Dell bought them.. possibly even before that...

Now all the Alienware line is, is Dell XPS desktops and laptops in ugly assed cases with a bunch of flashing lights in them. Pointless. The only thing that makes them an even half assed worthy purchase is the Liquid Cooling, but then that's cheap enough to feasibly put in @ low cost too.

**btw, just did a quick build off newegg and xoxide.com***

Built a pc matched to spec pound for pound with the Aurora...

Alienware Aurora - $1554

Core i7-920

875watt dell pwr sup

Aurora Case

Nvidia GTX260

6 gigs triple channel DDR1066mhz PC3 8500

1Tb Drive (probably a seagate)

Some water cooling.. dunno by who

No Monitor/keyboard/mouse

Homebuilt -$1296 -

Core i7-920

Ultra X3 600watt pwr sup (modular)

Smilodon Case (oohhh.. I want that case man)

Nvidia GTX260

6 gigs triple channel DDR1600 PC3 12800

1TB Western Digital Black Drive

Thermaltake ProWater 850i Liquid Cooling System

Swiftech CALDERA-HS Heatsink for AMD HD4870X2

No Monitor/keyboard/mouse

And that was just the quick and dirty side of it. Probably could have got some stuff cheaper looking around. I had to up the ante of the Alienware to get it to go side by side with this one. Yeah, I know the pwr sup isnt that big on the homebuilt, but you really don't need over 600watts unless your pushing 2 graphics cards and a bunch of pretty lights and fans everywhere, but the stock case fans would suffice for the rest of it after the water cooling took care of it.

its been doneby others but i'd like to see Hak5 do a nice custom built pc from the ground up with special attention to customization and quality.

maybe a couple of builds...a high spec machine....a budget lan box and maybe a nice eleet looking server.

i'm sure they could get sponsors for the hardware?

Well I'm rebuilding my pc from scratch, taking it all apart, cleaning it up, putting it back together with a new cpu block and an mcubed fan controller in it. And then I'm building a machine for a mate of mine, near identical specs. I'll photo the whole lot, maybe even a video or two in there, and throw it up in here.

Well the new parts just arrived. As for a project, well it's just me building a machine. Is that really project worthy?

An idea for you all: dscf0033.jpg

That's what it looks like right now. Quite a bit will be cleaned up.