exchange dynamic ip

Ryan

I have recently taken a class on exchange in school and i am trying to create a test server. i created a mail box for a user user@kccsnyc.com and in dyndns i created a host and configured mail routing. then on my godaddy domain a created an mx record host is @kccsnyc.com and for goes to i put in my dyndns host. when i go to mxtoolbox.com i see that it resolves to my current ip address. however i still cant send or receive email on the internet. after some research i found out that cablevision is blocking port 25 i changed the port to 2525 and allowed 2525 through my router to the ip of the exchange server,. so my question is what now? by default servers will be using port 25 is there a way that i can set it up in the mx record so servers know to use a non standard port? i tried created an smtp connector that uses the outbound.mailhop.org as a smart host but still all my mail is stuck in the cue and i still cant receive emails from the internet it comes back with this

his is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

ryan@kccsnyc.com

Technical details of permanent failure:

Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 #5.1.0 Address rejected ryan@kccsnyc.com (state 14).

----- Original message -----

MIME-Version: 1.0

Received: by 10.231.73.131 with SMTP id q3mr11556874ibj.6.1254320800103; Wed,

30 Sep 2009 07:26:40 -0700 (PDT)

In-Reply-To:

References:

Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 10:26:40 -0400

Message-ID:

not sure what's going on here.

Are you sure your hosting provider doesn't block 2525 aswell? Get one of your friends that is on an external network to 'telent <your-test-exchange-server> 2525' and see if they can reach it. This would be for testing purposes but not practical...

Also, you can't set up an MX record which tells the querier what port it should use. All it is, is DNS. DNS is hostname to IP lookup... and in case of MX.. has a priority. If your host doesn't allow port 25 traffic, then you might be in trouble... at the end of the day.. all SMTP traffic will be knocking on your door on port 25... you could always set up a NAT that translates that 25 to another port number internally to your network.. but if that 25 isn't even reaching your network because of your provider, i don't think there is much you can do.

Are you sure your hosting provider doesn't block 2525 aswell? Get one of your friends that is on an external network to 'telent <your-test-exchange-server> 2525' and see if they can reach it. This would be for testing purposes but not practical...

Also, you can't set up an MX record which tells the querier what port it should use. All it is, is DNS. DNS is hostname to IP lookup... and in case of MX.. has a priority. If your host doesn't allow port 25 traffic, then you might be in trouble... at the end of the day.. all SMTP traffic will be knocking on your door on port 25... you could always set up a NAT that translates that 25 to another port number internally to your network.. but if that 25 isn't even reaching your network because of your provider, i don't think there is much you can do.

welll dyndns has a mail hope service outbound.mailhop.org that uses port 25 2525 10025 i put that in as the smart host instead of using dns for an mx lookup. i think the issue im having is trying to get outbound.mailhop.org in my mx record with my isp. when i created the record with the smart host it wasn't resolving properly