Enterprise antivirus

anauj0101

I have been looking into Enterprise Antiviruses to possibly replace the current one we have. Everywhere I look seems to be bias, and geared toward selling a product instead of giving an actual review. We have about 250 Windows machines to deploy to and currently use CA. It doesn't seem to slow the machines much, but it misses tons of things that even my free home antivirus has no problem catching.

Thanks

Microsoft Forefront suite is supposed to be good, but for the love of all things holy do not touch trendmicro office scan with a 50' barge poll.

Whats wrong with Trend? We have used it for a couple of year now and it never caused an issue unlike Norton, McAfee, AVG where performance was always an problem. Maybe things have changed so I am just curiuos.

Whats wrong with Trend? We have used it for a couple of year now and it never caused an issue unlike Norton, McAfee, AVG where performance was always an problem. Maybe things have changed so I am just curiuos.

We have endless issues with it stopping things working in our dev and lab enviroments, plus I think the deployment method and admin console is clunky.

My company is moving forward from SAV (11.x?) to Sophos. Sophos actually has been tested to catch certain viruses that SAV could not catch. It doesn't use as much processing power either.

Echo'ing others, I hate Symantec, but their SAV/SEP products are decent. (SEP = Symantec Endpoint Protection.)

As far as a 250 computer deployment, SEP can easily handle it. There's a lot of changes though between SAV and SEP, and I haven't really kept up on all of them.

Supposedly there's some new stuff coming down the road that is supposed to be a game changer...we'll see.

I've recently moved away from Sophos and opted for Vipre Enterprise.

The central administration of Sophos was absolutely horrible. To the point it basically told you that something was wrong, but you had to almost go to the machine to fix it.

Vipre uses the least amount of resources, and was a piece of cake for us to setup our server, and have internal and external consultants pull their updates from us.

Curious if anyone has tried Nod32 Enterprise?

NoD32 Corp is a real latecomer to the AV game and as for my understanding uses the same kernel as SAV/SAP and is on par with other AV systems but never heard of it being used in a large scale network. i know that there desktop products is rather good

I for one hated SAP but love the SAV interface for ease of roll out on large networks but i must say there detection of spy/malware sucks balls

Vipre??? I will look into that myself....wonder if its cheaper than the Symantec products...Less memory you say.... always a good thing

For the love of god,,,,Macafee......???... why?? they are the worst when it comes to large scale networks and there detection features for the simplest virus sucks and the crap that they throw in with the overall AV products takes over your system in worthless crap that lags the hell out of a 12g server

Symantec Enterprise is good... with the central distribution and monitoring... but it doesn't change the fact it is Symantec. I've used this in one company... worked OK... but with another company i deployed Mcafee Epolicy Orchestrator. Now that had some really cool stuff like distributing updates in a tree like distributed manner to other servers and workstations to save on resources. Probably nothing the latest Symantec can do... but Mcafee is a lighter load on workstations and seemed to work for me.

If i was to do a deployment again, i'd probably do Mcafee... only because i know how to set it up and it worked. (i have a feeling the latest offering from Symantec for enterprise would probably have more features... but you might have to weigh up the $$$$ v $$)