help flashing the fon

shakert

help i was trying to flash the fon with the new firmware in darrens guide step 11 and i accidently disconnected the ethernet cable and so i restarted it. I tried to flash it again but either it is not working or it is taking a real long time 40 plus minutes. Is it working or am i wasting my time?

help i was trying to flash the fon with the new firmware in darrens guide step 11 and i accidently disconnected the ethernet cable and so i restarted it. I tried to flash it again but either it is not working or it is taking a real long time 40 plus minutes. Is it working or am i wasting my time?

You may have bricked it. I'm in the same boat after disconnecting it trying to do something similar.

Your best bet is to flash it again, using a serial cable. The guide to do it is here:

http://hak5.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=12506

If this doesn't work then you maybe out of luck. But that is v. unlikely, as the serial boot is like CPR for the fon.

Best of luck.

> EDIT: Also, if you are no good with hardware, like I am, a user on here called "digininja" is selling the necessary cable for a good price.

I hope he doesn't mind me advertising.