Synet Windy31

reaper84

well i just got it in fun little toy but dont work with windows 7 so i had to downgrade my triple e to windows xp I wanted it to work with cain but it dont cause it uses my connection to the internet to bridge the router, so im gonna try it with ettercap. But if anyone has a good program with arp man in the middle post ive been looking for a few days there all little low tech but so far i just take the windy31 put in the usb i have a instant router that can manage up to 32 devices you can change the bssid and all just trying to find a way put me right in the middle of both routers. best thing yet the fo needs a battery windy31 usb powered it would be cool if you can intergrade it with Jasager. It could also be alot more sneaky with a wireless usb hub. But give me some feedback ideals and software to try.

post-15739-1254034203_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
well i just got it in fun little toy but dont work with windows 7 so i had to downgrade my triple e to windows xp I wanted it to work with cain but it dont cause it uses my connection to the internet to bridge the router, so im gonna try it with ettercap. But if anyone has a good program with arp man in the middle post ive been looking for a few days there all little low tech but so far i just take the windy31 put in the usb i have a instant router that can manage up to 32 devices you can change the bssid and all just trying to find a way put me right in the middle of both routers. best thing yet the fo needs a battery windy31 usb powered it would be cool if you can intergrade it with Jasager. It could also be alot more sneaky with a wireless usb hub. But give me some feedback ideals and software to try.

I'm very interested in this device for an upcoming pentest. Can you access the software used to install the router directly? What I would like to do, if possible, is modify the software to install silently when the device is inserted. I'm curious if you can access the storage space that holds the software and if it is writable.

I'm also curious how big the guts are. It would be great to take the Windy's internals and place them in a more familiar device that a user would trust to plug into their computer.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

I'm very interested in this device for an upcoming pentest. Can you access the software used to install the router directly? What I would like to do, if possible, is modify the software to install silently when the device is inserted. I'm curious if you can access the storage space that holds the software and if it is writable.

I'm also curious how big the guts are. It would be great to take the Windy's internals and place them in a more familiar device that a user would trust to plug into their computer.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

I just realized that I didn't fully state what I wanted to do with the device. If I can get a user to plug it in and install the software silently it could be used as an instant wireless backdoor. I know that requires a couple of things to go in my favor but it still is a cool idea.

• 2 weeks later...

How did you acquire your Synet Windy31. I don't want to order it via the internet through their website because (a) they don't respond to emails I've sent them so how do I know they are actually a live business and will honour the order or the warrenty; and (B) they charge $30 shipping to Canada. Is there any retail store where this device can be purchased?? if not in Canada how about in the U.S.?