Boot Problems

tikidrummer

I'm having a problem with certain distros working on certain computers. On my computer Hiren's will not boot but it will on my colleges computers. It's the opposite for Damn Small Linux. Here's my code

title Kon-Boot-test
map --mem /konboot.img (fd0)
map --hook
chainloader (fd0)+1
map (hd1) (hd0)
map --hook
rootnoverify (fd0)

title DBAN
kernel /memdisk
initrd /dban.img

title Backtrack 4pre
Configfile/bt4/boot/grub/menu.lst

title Hirens 9.9
kernel /hirens_root/memdisk
initrd /hirens_root/boot.gz

title ntpasswd
kernel /ntpasswd/vmlinuz rw vga=1 initrd=/ntpasswd/initrd.cgz /ntpasswd/scsi.cgz
initrd /ntpasswd/initrd.cgz

title Damn Small Linux
kernel /dsl_root/boot/isolinux/linux24 ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=us apm=power-off vga=789 initrd=minirt24.gz nomce noapic BOOT_IMAGE=dsl
initrd /dsl_root/boot/isolinux/minirt24.gz

title Boot the First Hard Disk
rootnoverify (hd1)
chainloader +1

If you guys see anything out of line please tell me but I'm clueless on what would be causing this.

What happens when you try to boot Hiren's on your computer? What happens when you try to boot DSL on campus computers? Are you getting any errors? If so, what are they?

It's saying E802 with hirens but it say booting. I waited ten minutes for it and it still wouldn't boot. I tryed moving the memdisk file to the root folder to see if that would help but it didn't. With DSL it simply stays on the boot screen. Also after trying SystemRescueCD I can't seem to get that to work either. I'm going to keep trying on some other computers. Thanks for the help. Sorry i wasn't more specific with the previous post.