Software to help organize a small business.

dummptyhummpty

For my college internship, I've been put in charge of documenting the organizational structure and procedures of a small web design business. The owner wants me to take all of the information in his head and put it on paper so that its easier for others to see. He wants me to outline procedures for when they get a new client or a new project for an exiting client. He also wants to visual see the employee structure (who specializes in what and who is doing what for which client). Currently they use OnTime to manage projects, but not being familiar with it, I don't know if it can help with what I've been asked to do. His goal is to make things easier as the company expands. So far, I've been using spreadsheets and MS Visio to represent the data, but didn't know if there was program (Windows or Mac) dedicated to a task like this. Thanks

For my college internship, I've been put in charge of documenting the organizational structure and procedures of a small web design business. The owner wants me to take all of the information in his head and put it on paper so that its easier for others to see. He wants me to outline procedures for when they get a new client or a new project for an exiting client. He also wants to visual see the employee structure (who specializes in what and who is doing what for which client). Currently they use OnTime to manage projects, but not being familiar with it, I don't know if it can help with what I've been asked to do. His goal is to make things easier as the company expands. So far, I've been using spreadsheets and MS Visio to represent the data, but didn't know if there was program (Windows or Mac) dedicated to a task like this. Thanks

If you have a LAMP server you can use Orange HRM for the employee structure stuff. It's Pretty easy to use and you could probably use Vtiger to handle the other stuff that way everything is centralized. the paid alrenative is probably MS Dynamics it's windows based and you can probably accomplish all the things you are looking to do, i Just usually go open source first

If you have a LAMP server you can use Orange HRM for the employee structure stuff. It's Pretty easy to use and you could probably use Vtiger to handle the other stuff that way everything is centralized. the paid alrenative is probably MS Dynamics it's windows based and you can probably accomplish all the things you are looking to do, i Just usually go open source first

Hey, that's pretty cool! I'll have to get that setup on my computer and see if it will help in anyway. I know they were planning to use SharePoint Server for document storage, but Ill have to look at Orange HRM as a compliment.