Windows IPSec policy + certificates

Seph

Hey guys,

First thing I'd like to say is: Damn, trying to do anything with windows annoys the crap out of me.

</bitching>

So here's the general idea.

Im trying to get IPSec policies to use certificates instead of pre-share or kerberos. Its proving to be the hardest thing to do (to date..... :wacko:)

Basically just to test IPSec, I want to use certs for simple ICMP traffic. Even though certificates have been issued on both sides. Ping fails with the ipsec negotiation requests.

So if you guys have anything that could help me out would be great.

Thanks.

Seph

lol, gotta love poetic justice. Me and my classmates have been trying to get this working for a week now, and the morning after I post this.....I figured it out.

Ok I dont exactly know HOW I got it to work, so I'm going to run a few more tests and such to see what it could of been. Anyway unless you guys want a Tut or something of this, ask or just lock the thread. I don't mind.

Thanks anyway =D

Ok I dont exactly know HOW I got it to work, so I'm going to run a few more tests and such to see what it could of been. Anyway unless you guys want a Tut or something of this, ask or just lock the thread. I don't mind.

If you manage to find how you did this in a reproducible way, I'd be interested to know the steps that you took.