Need pointed in the right direction. WPA-PSK related

smapstar

I've taken care of most of the preliminary questions however post 3 has the most current issue.

----------------------------------

What I've done:

1. Used backtrack4 and successfully acquired a handshake into a capture file.

2. I tried random dictionaries i found online, just to test (didn't work)

3. I downloaded the 33gig package. The SSID I have is "EAWHITE" and "SMAPSTAR" thus rendering the 33gig pack useless right? Since its not in the list.

4. I need to generate my own tables I guess? I hoped the 33gig package of rainbow tables by renderman would help but I think i wasted my time and bandwidth.

There has to be a guide / thread related to where I'm stuck but I can't find it.

Someone said I should use cowpatty to generate a table based on the two ssid's I have. Someone said this takes months? I'm only interested in 12 characters and less.

Thanks guys!

Ok guys I'm on to something! (but still stuck.) After much more searching I found this guy explaining what I need to do! Its just not very clear. I'll add it here for others :)

You do it like this if you have linux and the latest aircrack-ng installed:

Download wpa_psk-h1kari_renderman and extract - (lzma decoder needed)

This will give you a .tar - extract this one to.

When done you will have a couple of folders with pre-hashed tables. Each table is a file with the name of SSID it has been calculated with. Basically every one of these files contain all the combinations for the SSID of the file + about 1 million words.

If your SSID is not top1000 (included in wpa_psk-h1kari_renderman) you can use airolib to add the SSID (or another password) to your table and then run -batch to compile it. Just create a .txt file with passwords/SSIDs and follow the instructions that comes with airolib.

The wpa_psk-h1kari_renderman is probably the best pre-hashed table there is out. And with airolib its easy to add more passwords and SSIDs to the table.

Now get crackin!

So maybe my new question is about what is bolded above.

I know others say use /genpmk. So when I'm using /genpmk and wanting to use what is present in the renderman package, what do I specify everything as if the SSID were SMAPSTAR?

In other words, I see this command on the cowpatty site: /genpmk -f dict -d hashfile -s cuckoo

When using that, what is the dictionary file? The hash file is what we are looking to create yes? I'm just not sure what I would type for my ssid.

You guys > *

Thanks