I need some thing to do

Sparda

I don't want to play any games. I want some thing brain taxing to do. The Prey demo entertained me for about 10 minuets, I realy like the weaierd teleporters.

I'll give you something brain taxing. Figure out why it is that my wife can't seem to close a fucking cabinet door when she's done. I've been working on that one for seven years.

I don't want to play any games. I want some thing brain taxing to do. The Prey demo entertained me for about 10 minuets, I realy like the weaierd teleporters.

I'll give you something brain taxing. Figure out why it is that my wife can't seem to close a fucking cabinet door when she's done. I've been working on that one for seven years.

Here's a quick fix for that: Rig each door with a high-tension spring so it closes automatically. If the tension is strong enough, it will whip shut right in her face and she will have to close it by hand to keep it from slamming. Leave the springs there for a few weeks and hopefully by then she will be in the routine of closing them. All it takes is some conditioning.

Here is a better idea. Simple electronics. Put the cabinet in a room all by it's self and make the door of the room lock it's self if a draw on the cabinet is open. There by forcing the user to close the cabinet draw befor they can exit the room.

Here is a better idea. Simple electronics. Put the cabinet in a room all by it's self and make the door of the room lock it's self if a draw on the cabinet is open. There by forcing the user to close the cabinet draw befor they can exit the room.

One simple flaw: the subject would need a good reason to go into a room. Because the subject is human, she would not even step into the room for she knows what will happen if she doesn't close the cabinet.

Fear may also play a role because she would probably be scared of the idea that the door may permiently lock, even if the cabinet door was shut, leaving her trapped.

Thats why you have a manual override. In this case it would have to be an inconvinance to use, there by making it easy for the user to close the cabinet then user the override. I surrgest a button high up on the wall, with a step ladder in the room to reach it. That should be enough of a deterent to get the user to close the draw rather then press the button.

Well it may work but you have to also consider that the environment in which the individual takes part in the conditioning, has to be very similar if not the same as their real-world situation.

Because this is a single room devoted to getting her to close a cabinet, she (mentally) would not carry the experience to her kitchen because she knows that she can't be locked in there if she left a cabinet open.

If the subject was lets say a dog, then the animal would carry the experience elsewhere because of their lower level of cognitive thought. However, it would not work for a human (especially a middle-aged human) because of their high level of rational thought and understanding of their ability to manipulate their environment. - That is of course assuming that the human is a compentent individual, not some hill-billy.

I'm serisuly baord, I have nothing to do. If only I could travle through time and space.

Sounds like a project, happen to have a flux-capacitor laying around?

She's a close-it phobic?

Edit Sparda: Recreate Tesla's lost death ray, Figure out how Tesla could induce point voltages at any specific point in a circuit, rebuild Tesla's solar power station oh wait you like signals find out how using only the earth and no wires you can propagate electricity... all very cool stuff especially for a man that lived over 100 years ago

Or investigate how the MIT squad managed to get a 1000 MB/s phone line connection (I think it was phone line) aka invent a better network protocol (I think there's was multiphase)

Edit Sparda: Recreate Tesla's lost death ray, Figure out how Tesla could induce point voltages at any specific point in a circuit, rebuild Tesla's solar power station oh wait you like signals find out how using only the earth and no wires you can propagate electricity... all very cool stuff especially for a man that lived over 100 years ago

Good luck finding to necessary voltage for Tesla's death ray. The estimate he had given back in the forty's was around 80,000,000 volts.

Could use transformers to creat the voltage. I forget exacly how it works, but by using a transformer to lower the wattage of an electrical current you increase the volltage.

Volts = Watts/Amperes so I can't see how lowering the wattage would raise the voltage. Then again I'm no electrical engineer - Where the heck is metatron when we need him?

Good luck finding to necessary voltage for Tesla's death ray. The estimate he had given back in the forty's was around 80,000,000 volts.

Wow and back then he said he could actually build it! (aparently it was his way to stop the war), didn't he say it would have a 260 odd mile range?

Edit:

http://www.rense.com/general10/deathray.htm

The voltage for propelling the beam to its objective, according to the inventor, will attain a potential of 80,000,000 volts.

Says it will attain not that it needs that magnets are probably the key and I believe the rail gun is a step back from tesla's creation... people trying to attain to Tesla's work since the patient office (US) seeming lost all copies of the patients for this one

Well considering the ratio between 120v (USA regular AC wall outlet IIRC) and 80,000,000v is about 1:666667 but you'd probably fry the poor transformer in the process...

Ignoring my flawed and somewhat sub-useful AC electronics knowledge, I estimate the output current, if that was to be used from a regular AC outlet (@ 15A) would be about 2.24999888 × 10^-5 Amps @ 80,000,000 Volts ... which is a very small current indeed...

I've missed a whole bunch of vital things in this maths such as the type of transformer used, the correct current and a whole host of other things but we can safely assume that it wouldn't work from a regular AC outlet :D

Edit: Feel free to rip my logic to shreds, I'm used to the DC world and I don't *do* transformers!

Edit 2: I'm also assuming that you would never attempt to run this device from a residential power supply anyways... would you?!