Standalone Pandora Client

ZigZagJoe

they've went and updated something - it's dieing with <methodResponse><fault><value><struct><member><name>faultString</name><value>org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException: 000.000.000.000|0|INCOMPATIBLE_VERSION|Pandora does not support your client version.</value></member><member><name>faultCode</name><value><int>1</int></value></member></struct></value></fault></methodResponse>

OKAY, fixed. Re-download at the normal link and it will work fine.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I came across this a few weeks ago and I have got to say, I am really liking the progress you've made. Keep up the good work.

I do however come tonight to report a bug. Since you've updated due to pandora updating I'm getting an error

10/29/2009 1:16:05 AM Something has went horribly wrong in SProxy.

Exception Information:

'Could not find file 'D:\Downloads\Saver2Beta2\SPLog.txt'.'

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.FileInfo.get_Length()

at Proxy.CORE.Main(String[] args) in E:\Codin' Projects\Saver Project\SProxy\CORE.cs:line 92

Caused by: mscorlib

10/29/2009 1:16:05 AM Closing all child windows

10/29/2009 1:16:05 AM Failed to write config file! System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.

Parameter name: path

at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)

at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path)

at Proxy.Settings.Save() in E:\Codin' Projects\Saver Project\SProxy\Settings.cs:line 63

10/29/2009 1:16:26 AM Terminal error while exiting: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Proxy.CORE.ExceptionHandler(Object sender, ThreadExceptionEventArgs e) in E:\Codin' Projects\Saver Project\SProxy\CORE.cs:line 329

Looks like maybe it's referencing something on your machine on drive "E"? I don't know. I'm a PC tech not a programmer.

I came across this a few weeks ago and I have got to say, I am really liking the progress you've made. Keep up the good work.

I do however come tonight to report a bug. Since you've updated due to pandora updating I'm getting an error

Looks like maybe it's referencing something on your machine on drive "E"? I don't know. I'm a PC tech not a programmer.

No, that is where it died in the source (paths from my comp, yes). In this case, it told me exactly what was wrong (something that was partially written was not commented out). Re-download and it will be fixed.

The line in question was an if that was checking if a log file was too big... except there was nothing after it except the settings init line, so settings would not get inited in addition to the exception thrown by the IF.

(this is what the PDB files in the download are for - if something dies, it can tell me exactly where it died).

re-downloaded @ time 6:09pm EST and again same errors ocur maybe it dident replace the old download file?

quick edit: srry if i sound kinda d*ckish but i havent been to sleep in nearly 24 hrs ... heading to bed as we speak!

BE sure you are re-downloading, and the file is actually getting replaced. date should be 10/29 4:21pm (CST)

Starting a couple of days ago I can't connect to Pandora using the standalone client. Here's what gets logged when I try. Any advice would be appreciated.

10/30/2009 8:33:30 PM PandoraC: Client started

10/30/2009 8:33:51 PM PandoraC: Logging in to pandora...

10/30/2009 8:33:51 PM PandoraC: Syncing

10/30/2009 8:33:51 PM PandoraC: ERROR Failed to auth: Failed to execute XMLRPC

10/30/2009 8:33:51 PM PandoraC: Auth failure ---> System.Exception: Failed to execute XMLRPC ---> System.Exception: Response is not an XML document

at Pandora.ClientMainForm.DispatchXMLRPC(String method, String path, String payload, Boolean secure) in E:\Codin' Projects\Saver Project\Pandora\ClientXMLRPC.cs:line 490

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Pandora.ClientMainForm.DispatchXMLRPC(String method, String path, String payload, Boolean secure) in E:\Codin' Projects\Saver Project\Pandora\ClientXMLRPC.cs:line 549

at Pandora.ClientMainForm.DispatchXMLRPC(String method, String path, String payload) in E:\Codin' Projects\Saver Project\Pandora\ClientXMLRPC.cs:line 450

at Pandora.ClientMainForm.DoSync() in E:\Codin' Projects\Saver Project\Pandora\ClientXMLRPC.cs:line 359

at Pandora.ClientMainForm.Auth() in E:\Codin' Projects\Saver Project\Pandora\ClientXMLRPC.cs:line 338

10/30/2009 8:34:03 PM PandoraC: Client stopping

Starting a couple of days ago I can't connect to Pandora using the standalone client. Here's what gets logged when I try. Any advice would be appreciated.

10/30/2009 8:33:30 PM PandoraC: Client started

10/30/2009 8:33:51 PM PandoraC: Logging in to pandora...

10/30/2009 8:33:51 PM PandoraC: Syncing

10/30/2009 8:33:51 PM PandoraC: ERROR Failed to auth: Failed to execute XMLRPC

10/30/2009 8:33:51 PM PandoraC: Auth failure ---> System.Exception: Failed to execute XMLRPC ---> System.Exception: Response is not an XML document

at Pandora.ClientMainForm.DispatchXMLRPC(String method, String path, String payload, Boolean secure) in E:\Codin' Projects\Saver Project\Pandora\ClientXMLRPC.cs:line 490

at Pandora.ClientMainForm.DispatchXMLRPC(String method, String path, String payload, Boolean secure) in E:\Codin' Projects\Saver Project\Pandora\ClientXMLRPC.cs:line 549

at Pandora.ClientMainForm.DispatchXMLRPC(String method, String path, String payload) in E:\Codin' Projects\Saver Project\Pandora\ClientXMLRPC.cs:line 450

at Pandora.ClientMainForm.DoSync() in E:\Codin' Projects\Saver Project\Pandora\ClientXMLRPC.cs:line 359

at Pandora.ClientMainForm.Auth() in E:\Codin' Projects\Saver Project\Pandora\ClientXMLRPC.cs:line 338

Re-download at the normal link (see above posts)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using Saver 1.1 Beta B beta, but now when a song is sniffed... save it immediatly is my only option, wait for approval is grayed out, turbo mode has a red x through it, ( I have used turbo in the past but since turned it off) How do I get it back to "wait for approval" ? thanks. P.

I'm using Saver 1.1 Beta B beta, but now when a song is sniffed... save it immediatly is my only option, wait for approval is grayed out, turbo mode has a red x through it, ( I have used turbo in the past but since turned it off) How do I get it back to "wait for approval" ? thanks. P.

Red x simply means it's turned off.

Uh, re download it to allow waiting again... accidentally uncommented something that should not be uncommented.

• 1 month later...

Slight bump, aside from the various updates (noted in saver2's changelog) the OP has been updated to include a link to a standalone executable: it only requires mplayer.exe to function (no dlls). It can download mplayer if need be.

Pandora.exe has no facility for timeshifting, if you wish to do so, you will need to download+install saver2, launch sproxy, and choose pandora client there.

Minimode added.

• 2 weeks later...

Great app!

I hate to ask but I'm not sure if you're taking any feature requests.. but in case you are, would it be possible to scroll the artist - title in the application title? Where it now shows the station name? An option for that would be awesome, thanks!

Great app!

I hate to ask but I'm not sure if you're taking any feature requests.. but in case you are, would it be possible to scroll the artist - title in the application title? Where it now shows the station name? An option for that would be awesome, thanks!

I've tried, but end up with just an empty title (it's a bit odd, really). You might try shade mode (double click the top of the window, where it says Pandora - station name) combined with on top (click the little pin icon so it faces downwards)

I didn't even know that existed but it works perfectly and even better than what i was asking since now i can thumb up/down songs.

Thanks again for doing such a great job!

Glad you like it.

Update posted.. here's the changelog (client specific stuff only).

01/18/10: 1.2.3 build 152

A quick station change/create menu has been added to right click of station button and shade mode controls on the client.

Added a song options menu (approve song, tire song, new station from song/artist, various pandora urls) to the client main screen.

The client can now show tray bubbles when songs are played. Enable in menu->config.

Client: Removed shuffle songs, as it was essentially useless.

Client: The window will now become visible when focused (click on taskbar)

Client: Slight changes in menu wordings

Client: Faded in opacity now limited to sane values

Client: Song urls now accessible from rate songs dialog

Client: Fixed window flickering when fading was turned off with low opacity levels set

Client: The last station will now be remebered correctly.

Known bugs:

Client: Menus will not resize when main window sized, nor will button images or shade mode controls.

Client: The tray icon can not display a menu for unknown reasons.

-----

01/13/10: 1.2.2 build 26

[CRITICAL] Client: Fixed a bug causing title text/album text to not be displayed.

-----

01/12/10: 1.2.2 build 20

Will now note build number on changelog - it is way too low, but better than nothing.

Client: Fixed a bug causing text to not scroll while in shaded mode

-----

01/12/10: 1.2.2 build 0

Client: Removed vol boost as it was causing distortion

Client: Fixed a bug which caused the rate buttons to be nonfunctional in the rate songs dialog (thanks, vs, for removing all click events...)

Client: Added some missing text to login dialog... (thanks again, vs)

-----

01/10/10: 1.2.2

Client: Softvol is now disabled by default; translation - volume control is no longer laggy

Client: Fixed a bug causing the main window to stay faded in for too short a time on song change

Client: Volume control updated somewhat to scale properly from 0-100

Client: Volume now shown when changed for a moment

Client: Volume filter enabled on mplayer for a slight boost in output volume (offsets softvol max being disabled)

Client: Added tireSong Rpc method

Client: Streamplayer length estimation improved to some degree

Client: Fixed a bug causing the client be bugged and require a restart after deleting a station

Client: Classnames changed, build process for standalone and plugin integrated

Client: Positioning improved somewhat

Client: Buffering was completely nonfunctional, has now been fixed

Client: Player status now shown while loading song (buffering, connecting, etc)

Client: Streamplayer would kill mplayer when it was used for encoding; fixed

Client: Length estimation code improved somewhat so it is more accurate for 3 min+ songs

Client: Critical exceptions will now cause the client to fail cascade properly

-----

01/06/10: 1.2.2

[CRITICAL] Client: Marked main thread as STA. This was causing locks when dialogs were shown after being launched from XMLRPC (login, stations)

-----

Client: Button behavior improved (by implementing as a proper class)

Client: Volume control cursor modified

Client: Station button will no longer stay focused while disabled

Client: Text smoothing enabled

-----

Client: Volume control changed to custom: improves display on wine and in general

Client: Custom label added (don't laugh) to fix an odd bug causing text to be invisible + improve display

Client: Simple window border added

Client: Mute button removed as it is redundant

Client: Bug causing progress bar draw through windows tenatively fixed

-----

01/04/10: 1.2.2

Wine: New GUI disabled under wine due to being completely defunct (window not movable, wndproc override not functional, etc.)

-----

01/04/10: 1.2.2

Client: Major changes!

Added mini mode! - toggle by double clicking title bar (like winamp)

Now borderless

Transparency support; variable as well as fixed

Snap to edge possible

Option to remeber last position on start

Client: Fixed various bugs which would cause crashes (image related)

Client: Version incremented

Client: Added size grip

Client: Known "bug" button images will not be resized when window is scaled; mini mode buttons hitbox will not change while scaled

-----

01/01/10: 1.2.2 (internal only)

Client: Pandora.exe is now completely standalone, does not require presence of SProxy.exe, Saver2.dll, or Saver.Pandora.dll

Client: Less warnings on buffer underflow

Client: Borders now properly sized on vista/w7

Client: Added manifest

-----

12/31/09: 1.2.2

Client: Fixed starting at the wrong size causing it to be slightly scaled

Client: Fixed a small bug caused by resizing client repeatedly (additional spaces in title)

------

12/29/09:

Client: Main window is now resizable & scales

Client: Small UI changes to work better with scaling

------

12/25/09: Beta 3

Client: Can auto-login based on command line option or setting.

Client: Can close sproxy when closing if set to do so.

Client: Note added in client settings about saver config.

Client: feedback buttons made a bit more obvious

Client: pinning and minimize buttons added.

Client: Search can now return shared stations (genre stations)

Client: Workaround added for song search dialog on wine

Client: StreamPlayer bugfixes/tweaks

Pandora: Executable size reduced

Wine: All URL links temp. disabled due to wine fault (shellexec does not take into account it may get passed a url)

-----

12/22/09:

Client: UI changed about some to accommodate new features

Client: Bugfixes in streamplayer

Client: Progress bar updated

Client: Dialog to rate songs that were played in the past added

Client: UI moved about to accommodate new buttons

Client: Rate old songs added

Client: Shared station support added

Client: Added rename and delete stations

Client: Moar bugfixes.

-----

11/26/09:

Client: Fixed a command bug in streamplayer causing it to not work

-----

11/24/09:

Wine: Disables hotkey support on client (nonfunctional)

-----

11/21/09:

Client: Crypto internal changes

Client: Song search dialog fixed

Client: Toggle On Top mode by double left clicking anywhere in window

Client: Minimize window by double right clicking in the window

Client: now supports rename of stations

Client: now has a visual representation of song download percentage

Client: save button made more obvious in function (IE. only visible when a song can be saved and is not in auto mode)

Client: Vastly improved playback start time

Wine: song loading time improved

-----

10/28/09:

Client: Protocol version implemented, no internal changes

-----

8/13/09:

Client: Initial release

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Major client update. Client is now packaged in an installer to make it easier to installer + put tor as well.

Listening outside the US just got a bit easier (again) - Tor has been changed to tortunnel in the installer.

It's not quite the same thing as tor - instead of going for maximum anonymity it goes for speed. The net result that the speed will be greatly increased due to only going one hop through tor, and it makes setup easier (and more reliable). However, the tortunnel option now is not compatable with tor as it configures sproxy for tortunnel's socks5 interface as opposed to tor's socks4a. If one wants to use vanilla tor, that is still an option; just delete tortunnel.exe and put tor.exe back in the folder. (and configure SP ofc)

On top of that, the pandora client is now SOCKS-aware, so it can use tor/tortunnel/etc by itself. Configure proxy settings on menu->config->proxy.

Added a welcome screen, and mini-tutorial as well. Coincidentally, logging in as anonymous is now supported.

The pandora client is now packaged in an installer to ease setup.

The old auto-launch tor is available at http://zzj.itf-inc.com/s2/PAtor.zip

The new tor tunnel pack is available at http://zzj.itf-inc.com/s2/PAtt.zip

Client: Version incremented to 1.4

Client: Added -tor and -tortunnel args to standalone for easy setup

Client: Added welcome screen + tooltip tutorial

Client: Music search updates significantly faster visually

Client: Fading now off by default

Client: Fading out delay on hover increased somewhat

Client: Can now use Tor/tortunnel without SProxy (httpwebrequest removed)

Client: Can now log in anonymously and save over sessions

Client: Fix for crash while searching for music

Client: Fixed being able to launch multiple station mgmt windows

Client: Fixed register dialog not closing when close button hit

Client: Fixed windows being hidden when on top was enabled

Client: Fixed a few typos in various strings

Client: Fixed a case where the client would spam syncs when they failed to connect

Client: Fixed the mplayer log not being released properly.

Known Bugs:

The station window can become "locked" waiting on an RPC; unknown cause.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just installed .NET 2.0 with wine, and loaded up Pandora. It installed and opened fine, but when I tried my username/password, it said failed every time. I closed it and will no longer run. The wine log is as follows:

fixme:actctx:parse_manifest_buffer root element is L"asmv1:assembly", not 
fixme:virtual:NtAllocateVirtualMemory MEM_WRITE_WATCH type not supported
fixme:ole:CoGetContextToken stub
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Windows.Forms"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Drawing"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Xml"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"System.Configuration"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"Pandora.XmlSerializers"
fixme:shell:URL_ParseUrl failed to parse L"Pandora.XmlSerializers"
fixme:ole:Context_QueryInterface interface not implemented {000001da-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}
fixme:advapi:RegisterEventSourceW ((null),L".NET Runtime"): stub
fixme:advapi:ReportEventW (0xcafe4242,0x0001,0x0000,0x000003ff,(nil),0x0001,0x00000000,0x7ed649e8,(nil)): stub
err:eventlog:ReportEventW L".NET Runtime version 2.0.50727.42 - Fatal Execution Engine Error (0096E2B3) (80131506)"
fixme:advapi:DeregisterEventSource (0xcafe4242) stub
fixme:advapi:CheckTokenMembership (0x1bc 0x1603a8 0x7ed6403c) stub!
fixme:imm:ImmDisableIME (-1): stub
fixme:thread:NtQueryInformationThread Cannot get kerneltime or usertime of other threads
fixme:thread:NtQueryInformationThread info class 9 not supported yet
fixme:wininet:InternetGetConnectedState always returning LAN connection.
fixme:advapi:RegisterEventSourceW ((null),L".NET Runtime 2.0 Error Reporting"): stub
fixme:advapi:ReportEventW (0xcafe4242,0x0001,0x0000,0x000003e8,(nil),0x0008,0x000000ea,0x3009a1b4,0x7ed3f5
a0): stub
err:eventlog:ReportEventW L"pandora.exe"
err:eventlog:ReportEventW L"1.4.0.0"
err:eventlog:ReportEventW L"4b85aa9e"
err:eventlog:ReportEventW L"mscorwks.dll"
err:eventlog:ReportEventW L"2.0.50727.42"
err:eventlog:ReportEventW L"4333e7ec"
err:eventlog:ReportEventW L"0"
err:eventlog:ReportEventW L"000b333f"
fixme:advapi:DeregisterEventSource (0xcafe4242) stub

I'm going to try and reinstall .NET ...

Ok, I got pandora to load again by removing everything in ~/.wine/, and started over, first installing pandora(wine PandoraSetup.exe), then .net (sh winetricks corefonts dotnet20) ... and executing it in a terminal with the command:

env WINEPREFIX="/home/me/.wine" wine "C:\Program Files\Pandora\Pandora.exe"

and it still says "Bad user and/or pass" when i login.

I tried creating a new account, and it says: "Failed to execute XMLRPC"

If it matters, I have 8 stations, and am a Pandora ONE user.

I managed to login "anonymously" but can't add any stations, am trying to add a shared station. Ok, I added a "shared" station, by it's url (one of my stations) and the music sounds horrible. It's staticy and jerky. Also, a bunch of blue boxes keep popping up and stealing my focus, as I try and write this.

Interesting, I tried to move it to different workspace and I think it crashed? -- Well the window disappeared, and the 'music' stopped, but both the Pandora.exe and mplayer.exe processes are running. I've attached the standard output (panlog1.txt) and the standard error output (panlog2.txt) of this last run. I also seem to have a pclient.log, mplayer.log, and install.log. In pclient.log i see the line "LinuxHacks defaulting to False" .. although I checked the box for wine compatibility during install.

This XMLRPC part seems to be important:

2/27/2010 8:53:59 PM	Client: Failed to execute auth RPC --&gt; System.Exception: Failed to execute XMLRPC ---&gt; System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: A call to SSPI failed, see inner exception. ---&gt; System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Unknown error (0x80090302)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendAuthResetSignal(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest, Exception exception)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.CheckCompletionBeforeNextReceive(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendBlob(Byte[] incoming, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.ForceAuthentication(Boolean receiveFirst, Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
at System.Net.Security.SslStream.AuthenticateAsClient(String targetHost, X509CertificateCollection clientCertificates, SslProtocols enabledSslProtocols, Boolean checkCertificateRevocation)
at System.Net.Security.SslStream.AuthenticateAsClient(String targetHost)
at Client.HttpRequest.GetResponseInternal(HttpChunkedReadCallback callback) in E:\Codin' Projects\Saver Project\Client\HttpRequest\HttpRequest.cs:line 478
at Client.HttpRequest.GetResponse() in E:\Codin' Projects\Saver Project\Client\HttpRequest\HttpRequest.cs:line 250
at Client.PClient.PostXMLRPC(String path, String payload, Boolean secure) in E:\Codin' Projects\Saver Project\Client\Client.XMLRPC.cs:line 953
at Client.PClient.PostXMLRPC(String path, String payload, Boolean secure) in E:\Codin' Projects\Saver Project\Client\Client.XMLRPC.cs:line 1020
at Client.PClient.SendAuthRpc(PandoraXMLResult&amp; ret) in E:\Codin' Projects\Saver Project\Client\Client.XMLRPC.cs:line 906
2/27/2010 8:54:00 PM	Client: ERROR Bad username/password

err: "Upload failed. Please ask the administrator to ensure the uploads directory is writeable"

ok, plan B. I've uploaded it to a filehost of mine: http://ssh.shellium.org/~meiskam/pandora-logs.tar.gz -- hope this helps.

BTW: I'm running "Linux version 2.6.31-19-generic (buildd@palmer) (gcc version 4.4.1 (Ubuntu 4.4.1-4ubuntu8) ) #56-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jan 28 01:26:53 UTC 2010" on a laptop.

I think I may have deleted the bit which disabled SSL when the hacks mode is on - for some reason, SSL is nonfunctional on wine. I'll check in a bit; I haven't done a comparability check recently.

The blue boxes are supposed to be some sort of mini-tutorial, but it (they) shouldn't be stealing focus.

Hmm, you're right, it shouldn't be turning LinuxHacks off. Testing it here, it did work fine (installer turned it on properly). Wonder if the process died or something on linux. Will need to check.

The tricky bit here is the playback: there really isn't an easy way to fix that. I may fiddle about and see if I can hack it to use native pipes (as opposed to the windows pipe) but not really confident about it.

Okay, tested on os x (my usual testbed for wine). It looks like linux hacks did not get turned on for some reason, which is odd; the install log says the same. To fix this either edit the config or launch with -wine. Had the boxes show up, but they weren't stealing focus. Might be an X thing.

For sound: run winecfg, and try changing the sound subsystem in there.

Edited by ZigZagJoe

• 4 weeks later...

has anyone looked into being able to stream pandora onto the xbox 360?

if its to hard or a lot of working of finding and broadcasting straight to the xbox, could you send the audio through tversity which accepts shoutcast urls?

i don't think tversity or any other program out there is able to stream pandora onto the xbox. you would lose the ability to skip/downvote songs but i think most would take that as a reasonable trade off just to have it streaming while being able to play video games with the music in the background.

has anyone looked into being able to stream pandora onto the xbox 360?

if its to hard or a lot of working of finding and broadcasting straight to the xbox, could you send the audio through tversity which accepts shoutcast urls?

i don't think tversity or any other program out there is able to stream pandora onto the xbox. you would lose the ability to skip/downvote songs but i think most would take that as a reasonable trade off just to have it streaming while being able to play video games with the music in the background.

To use this for that end, you'd need to use one of those programs which records from your sound card. A quick google turns up http://www.sdstechnologies.com/

The concept in itself is interesting, i might play around with making a shoutcast/icecast emulation for pandora (a client which only outputs over shoutcast) for the lols.

• 5 weeks later...
hey there,

I was hoping to port this to use directshow instead of mplayer...is source available?

-justin

no, the source isn't available atm.

i'm actually working to that end right now - i have it mostly working, but it's still a little glitchy. Sound output under windows is horrid :|

if you need help i have a working example.....directshow really isn't bad at all once your familiar with whats what. Just use directshowlib and its like 5mins of work to do anything you can think of (although getting it to start playing while the rest of the stream is downloading can be a b****).

My second request would be if not in source code form would you consider making a library version available? I have an open source project that could really use pandora support and would even consider having it use a library and linking to you-if that would be ok.

Edited by justchat_1