SETI gets a response!?

metatron

SETI (Search for Extra Terrestrial Life) has confirmed that they have received extra terrestrial signals. Also that the signals are now being blocked by someone on Earth (NSA?)

http://www.alienvideo.net/seti-makes-contact.php

"We have confirmation - and I'm not going to give the name yet because we are trying to coax this guy out of the closet - but one of the senior people in the SETI project, which is the Carl Sagan Search for Extraterrestrial project, has confirmed to the Disclosure Project that they have received multiple extraterrestrial signals," Greer said.

"but that now they are getting external human, probably NRO or NSA jamming of those signals and they are getting very frustrated. "

I want to fulfil the dream of many people since Star Trek, to meet and fuck a hot blue alien woman.

They accidentaly tapped into an aliens tivo subscription or maybe they found the signal from the secret US off world colony?

Edit though I hope they can get who ever is interfering with their signal to STFU

And thanks to metatron maybe a turning point in history? we can but hope

*waits for someone to welcome the Evil Server brethrin*

Well... i'm not really suprised we're picking up alien chatter, considering we're here plus the size of the universe. But I doubt the arrival of aliens will be what people expect, i consider it far more likely that aliens will turn up and try to sell us something. Peace keepers would be nice as well.

Dr. Stephen Greer is a generally unhinged individual who also happens to blow the horn for 0-point energy and alien-tech 'super medicines'

If you do a search for him you'll turn up a lot of 'facts' he's found over the years. many of which are STILL waiting to be verified. I would not hold your breath about the veracity of his claim.

To paraphrase James Randi "If you get a dozen people regardless of their credentials to swear that David Copperfield sawed a woman in half it does not mean that David Copperfield sawed a woman in half. It only means that a dozen people BELEIVED that he sawed a woman in half."

Testimony isn't proof.

(substitute "saw a UFO" for "David Copperfield sawed a woman in half" above to see the correlation if you don't get it.)

I've always wondered what people expected to hear when they listened to aliens. Would they hear normal radio, or would it be meaningless digital signals. And what if they have DRM? Will the space RIAA raid seti for violating the spaceDMCA?

I would expect to hear some kind of noice i.e. static, you just have to filter out general background radion and look for radio transmitions not generated by any 'natural' source (a star or a super nova or any thing like that). Wouldn't expect to hear any thing along othe lines of any kind of language.

Testimony isn't proof.

But it does help us question things though and maybe out of that find reason and understanding - usually people go with whatever gives them piece of mind :(

Oh and Zero point... me thinks (imho) is a missunderatanding of magnetism...they see energy comming from nowhere adn make an assumption, you cannot blame them though as it's a bastardised branch of physics - what hope do you have at understanding something people with IQ's higher than yours don't wnat you to know even exists. - experimentation time! lol

So even if you want to lable this guy as bullshit or crackpot atleast for one second he made you think/conside something and isn't that a good thing?

I mean where the hell does a magnet get it's power from? if it's stored (potential) then isn't it potentialy the greatest power store ever?

Hmm... I'd love to be optimistic but I'm a cynic...

On the subject of what to expect though, I'd expect something vaguely stuctured in terms of a radio signal... We wouldn't neccesarily know if a signal was some form of communication though. Think about encryption - encryption looks like noice unless you know how to decrypt it. Another way to think is in terms of analogue and digital TV trasmissions... if there were no analogue TV signals and we used an analogue TV set to see what's being broadcast we would have no idea that there are digital signals bouncing around unless we could tell by the pattern of static we would see on the screen...

We would have no idea what frequencies another intelligent lifeform would use or if they even would use the same methods as we do. We can only base our thoughts and guesses on what we as a species are aware of in our environment.