Beginner programming question about programming language origins

Hello everybody,

Im started school today for computer programming and need help with a homework question. The only answer I can seem to find is that all the programming languages are powerful general purpose languages, did not see anything on wiki which says they were made for a specific purpose for something..

The question is "Was there a specific motivation behind the creation of these languages? If so, what was it?" the programming languages are Basic, Java, C++ and Python. I see Java and C++ were created by business and the other 2 by people or a couple people, but nothing deeper, or if they were made fora government purpose? or to run a specific task when originally created? thanks for any help in advance

Hello everybody,

Im started school today for computer programming and need help with a homework question. The only answer I can seem to find is that all the programming languages are powerful general purpose languages, did not see anything on wiki which says they were made for a specific purpose for something..

The question is "Was there a specific motivation behind the creation of these languages? If so, what was it?" the programming languages are Basic, Java, C++ and Python. I see Java and C++ were created by business and the other 2 by people or a couple people, but nothing deeper, or if they were made fora government purpose? or to run a specific task when originally created? thanks for any help in advance

Here's what I know:

Basic: to get the job done quick and easy. Not a lot to learn.

Java: Meant to be cross-platform (although I hear everybody says there's always problems with it's portability).

C++: Cross-platform. No need for memory management as in C which usually means less work and less exploits.

Python: Cross-platform, quick scripting language.

Essentially they were all created with a couple things in mind: Ease of use, faster development, portability, and improvements upon it's predecessors.

Here's what I know:

Basic: to get the job done quick and easy. Not a lot to learn.

Java: Meant to be cross-platform (although I hear everybody says there's always problems with it's portability).

C++: Cross-platform. No need for memory management as in C which usually means less work and less exploits.

Python: Cross-platform, quick scripting language.

Essentially they were all created with a couple things in mind: Ease of use, faster development, portability, and improvements upon it's predecessors.

Awesome, thanks for the response :)