Starting out question so a noobie one

Hi guys first of im totally new to the whole pinapple scene, iv been looking for a project thats just a little different from like learning how to break into your own wpa network... anyways here are a few of my questions

ok So my understanding of the pinapple fon is.. i go into a wifi zone and stick my pinapple on a table and switch it on. i understand i can plug it into my laptop to start sniffing etc but what im wondering is

Can you leave the pinapple unattended e.g. if it was hidden but it was configured to send all traffic back to my home pc using a vpn, so id walk into a coffie place stick it behind a chair or something or somewhere i know it wont get found and inturn as long as its batteries last it should keep sending all the data to my home pc.. am i correct here or am i sooo wrong and you need a laptop there which shares its internet with the fon?

Hi guys first of im totally new to the whole pinapple scene, iv been looking for a project thats just a little different from like learning how to break into your own wpa network... anyways here are a few of my questions

ok So my understanding of the pinapple fon is.. i go into a wifi zone and stick my pinapple on a table and switch it on. i understand i can plug it into my laptop to start sniffing etc but what im wondering is

Can you leave the pinapple unattended e.g. if it was hidden but it was configured to send all traffic back to my home pc using a vpn, so id walk into a coffie place stick it behind a chair or something or somewhere i know it wont get found and inturn as long as its batteries last it should keep sending all the data to my home pc.. am i correct here or am i sooo wrong and you need a laptop there which shares its internet with the fon?

You need to have the laptop sit in the middle between the Fon and the coffee shop's router.

-Phong

You need some way for the Fon to connect to the network so you could either create a virtual interface to join the wifi zone network and then use a second as the AP or you could start messing around with a Fon2 and try to get a 3G dongle working. That would be expensive though if someone walked off with it.