Cydia iphone

enkgok

I was wondering if I install cydia on my iphone. Does this void the warranty for apple and also lose apple care. I could not find any information about this. Thanks...

As far as i know, no. Since it's just the firmware on the device itself. You could always flash it back to the stock Apple firmware before taking it back, and if you can't reflash it before taking it back, odds are they wont be able to read the jailbroken flash to void your warranty.

Side note: Cydia is going away slowly (just like the Installer.app has). Icy is where its at now ;)

If you take a jailbroken iphone in to the apple store they have every right to refuse providing service to you because you've voided the warranty. if you do jailbreak it, do a restore before taking it in. Then you'll be okay.

Hence why i suggested to restore the original Apple firmware ;)

btw. just tried icy on iphone 3gs and decided Icy blows. Errors out the wazoo.

Out of the 5 friends and 4 co-workers that i've jailbroken for, i've never had any issue what-so-ever. Icy is way better than cydia, IMO. Even the little things, like the anti screen lock on installs. Plus it looks damn sexy :)

I think you did something wrong. I would start over.

I was wondering if I install cydia on my iphone. Does this void the warranty for apple and also lose apple care. I could not find any information about this. Thanks...

Taken from Apples site,

Apple strongly cautions against installing any software that hacks the iPhone OS. It is also important to note that unauthorized modification of the iPhone OS is a violation of the iPhone end-user license agreement and because of this, Apple may deny service for an iPhone or iPod touch that has installed any unauthorized software.

So, yea, it voids the warranty. Put the normal iPhone os back before taking it in for service.

So, yea, it voids the warranty. Put the normal iPhone os back before taking it in for service.

WRONG. You can't void the warranty if you can just reflash it before giving it back to apple. Cmon now.