Admin. rights on library pc's.

dninja420

I need to know what kind of program i can install on my 16g flashdrive that will allow me to have administrator rights on libraries computers.Becouse mainly i have this math on my cd that i dl'ed to my flashdrive but i put it in a locked batch flie but i can't unlock it,any help would be great,i can't even play world of warcraft i got on my flashdrive lol...

You know google is your friend. I have a tip, set up a windows box, figure out what kind of settings they are using and figure it out on your own. Trial and Error, read some articles, try some more, and poke and prod till something works. That is how I learned. I try something, I see it don't work, I do a google search, wash rinse repeat.

P.S. Proof read so you at least don't have spelling errors plz k thnx

first things first watch out for the cameras and the watchful librarian. Then figure out what OS is being used (duh) and if the computer can be booted from other sources other than it's HD , say a CD or USB drive. I have seen a few tools being demonstrated on a few shows , check some of them out and as stated above Google is always your friend! maybe even check out some of the various boot cd's that are about?

Wow, you see, this is what pisses everybody off; somebody coming and, for one, *telling us* they *need* Admin rights on a computer that they shouldn't have Admin rights on... And, quite frankly, I feel that if you don't know how to do something as simple as this, let alone *FIND* out how to do this from the innumerable forum posts, white papers, sites *dedicated* to stuff like this, or a damn youtube video that some 12 year old kid made, you shouldn't have Admin rights on a computer you don't own.

Lets see...I'm presuming that the following were/are correct:

-Command prompt is "disabled my administrator".

-Batch execution is disabled "Due to the effects that it can have on this computer."

-Your trying to run a batch file...for what reason? If you absolutely need what it does, then your best bet is to make a program that uses system calls...

And in the end, your doing this is in a 30 minute session in which as soon as your logged off, deepfreeze erases all your changes.

E: @H@L0_F00 is correct. Why the hell do you need it again?

I'm with H@L0_F00 on this one too, there is no legitimate reason why you would need admin

Sure there are legitimate reasons to obtain Admin privileges, but the thing is, I don't believe somebody who can't even do their own research (if a simple google and download even counts...) to find out how to gain Admin should ever have Admin rights on a computer that isn't theirs. "With great power, comes great responsibility." and playing World of Warcraft is not being responsible with the "power" you have by being Administrator.

Sure there are legitimate reasons to obtain Admin privileges, but the thing is, I don't believe somebody who can't even do their own research (if a simple google and download even counts...) to find out how to gain Admin should ever have Admin rights on a computer that isn't theirs. "With great power, comes great responsibility." and playing World of Warcraft is not being responsible with the "power" you have by being Administrator.

Uhh, no, there are no legitimate reasons to obtain Admin privs on a computer you don't own.

OK kids

As a library network admin for a major library in the NY area i can attest that myself and other Library network admins lock down the boxes for reason. The computers at a library are for the enjoyment of every patron for the sake of doing research not for your personal enjoyment.

We spend many many hours locking down every nuance on a patron access system so script kiddies and even experienced computer users cant get past the basic account that is on a desktop and in more cases than not those accounts are monitored so we do know when someone gets shell or script access and don't be surprised if someone comes and taps you on the shoulder and asks you to leave because he saw what you were doing

Most libraries are working off domain based systems where everything is locked down at the server level so even if you did get past the local lockouts there is a small chance that you can get past the server blocks that are in place such as blocking CD rom and USB access as well as saving ANYTHING on the HDD

In the library that i work for they also make sure that you sign a computer user agreement that in most cases informs you that YOU are responsible for any damage sustained to the computer while you are using it and take my word for it they WILL sue you or turn you over to the cops as a hacker. I have had to deal with and provide forensic evidence for 2 such occasions

As posted several times in this post there is NO REASON whatsoever for you to have root or admin rights on a library patron access box

So man up and stop wasting peeps time with something that you aren't going to be able to do in the first place

The library here has a free open wifi network.

yes alot of libraries do have free open WiFi networks that are not attached to the main network but in this particular case the person who started this post is to lazy to bring in his own laptop or pc and rather try to screw up a patron access system for his personal entertainment

There is a reason that they block stuff on school computers.

That reason is: School computer labs are not an internet cafe, they are for school work.

The same goes for a library. If you want to play WoW, play it at home.

make a new local administrator >

boot with CD or USB

press F5 on boot try to login as admin

get something to run:

press F3 search for stuff to run cmd.exe etc ..also try to run stuff with IE "ctl+o" cmd etc ... also download cmd.exe and try to run it

try ctrl+alt+del to run stuff

look for old software on the system to exploit (insert adobe and flash) maybe even local privilege escalation :)

I have a usb drive with all my *tools* on it along with BT4 etc .. like this .. http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4841204/UBER_PORTABLE_PACK you can also thinstall games and just rename it to notepad.exe etc ..

There is a reason that they block stuff on school computers.

That reason is: School computer labs are not an internet cafe, they are for school work.

The same goes for a library. If you want to play WoW, play it at home.

WoW takes how long to download? Our libraries here can't even run it. Library computers are for research, jobs, etc.

make a new local administrator >

boot with CD or USB

press F5 on boot try to login as admin

get something to run:

press F3 search for stuff to run cmd.exe etc ..also try to run stuff with IE "ctl+o" cmd etc ... also download cmd.exe and try to run it

try ctrl+alt+del to run stuff

look for old software on the system to exploit (insert adobe and flash) maybe even local privilege escalation :)

I have a usb drive with all my *tools* on it along with BT4 etc .. like this .. http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4841204/UBER_PORTABLE_PACK you can also thinstall games and just rename it to notepad.exe etc ..

If I were you, I'd backup that torrent and upload it somewhere else. TPB ain't gonna be around much longer.

Can't speak for Wetwork's library system but the one I work for (NC area) keeps our BIOS password protected and external ports locked unless a patron asks for access.

In our user agreement cards (and again in the full rules on our website) we explain that "privacy is limited." Infer from that what you will. I will say that the network admins know whenever any station is logged in with privileges. So just how big of a red flag do you think would be raised if a station that is not supposed to have admin rights suddenly acquires them?

I will give the OP one piece of advice about this, however. If you want to learn how to crack protection, you do NOT want to start on any government system (local, state or federal) unless jail time appeals to you.

Can't speak for Wetwork's library system but the one I work for (NC area) keeps our BIOS password protected and external ports locked unless a patron asks for access.

In our user agreement cards (and again in the full rules on our website) we explain that "privacy is limited." Infer from that what you will. I will say that the network admins know whenever any station is logged in with privileges. So just how big of a red flag do you think would be raised if a station that is not supposed to have admin rights suddenly acquires them?

I will give the OP one piece of advice about this, however. If you want to learn how to crack protection, you do NOT want to start on any government system (local, state or federal) unless jail time appeals to you.

Yes the BIOS is the first thing that my team locks down with a very strong password (at least 20 chars) and by default USB and CD boots are disabled completely so using a USB multipass to try to ophcrack or konboot the root password isn't going to work

Like i stated in my previous post the patron access systems are monitored and i do get some "red flags" when a system is excessively restarted outside of designated times then i go and tap you on the shoulder and tell you to leave the library and then i call your mother to tell her that you have been a bad boy and that the cops will be coming by.

I need to know what kind of program i can install on my 16g flashdrive that will allow me to have administrator rights on libraries computers.Becouse mainly i have this math on my cd that i dl'ed to my flashdrive but i put it in a locked batch flie but i can't unlock it,any help would be great,i can't even play world of warcraft i got on my flashdrive lol...

I just don't see where you get off thinking that you should have Admin rights? Seriously why do you think you need to play WoW on a library PC? Can't you wait until you get home? You should think about what you are doing too since what you are talking about is violating Local, State, and Federal laws. Just for doing what you are thinking about can land you in prison for around 5+ years (Depending on where you live) and some heavy fines. Oh and if you are under 18 your parents will probably have to pay those fines.

Here's a thought get a portable (Notebook) and find a hot spot that way you can Play WoW and use that Math CD. It beats breaking the law and its a system that you have Admin rights to.

I had a fun time busting kids like you when I worked at the university. I used to downgrade the USB drivers to USB 1.0 just to keep people from playing games off of their flash drives while they were in Lab.

You know google is your friend. I have a tip, set up a windows box, figure out what kind of settings they are using and figure it out on your own. Trial and Error, read some articles, try some more, and poke and prod till something works. That is how I learned. I try something, I see it don't work, I do a google search, wash rinse repeat.

P.S. Proof read so you at least don't have spelling errors plz k thnx

That was very disrespectfull and if you dont know how to fix the problem you should not even bother posting.

@Wetwork: Have you checked if your BIOS has a backdoor password, I know a lot do so that if you lose the password you can still use the computer.

the motherboards that i have in the patron access system has no back door passwords but if the situ arises where the system isnt responding to the bios password the only way to reset it is to pull the CMOS batt and that is impossible by patrons considering that the towers are in locked containers preventing physical access to the box itself and that the only input is via an audio extension jack that is gorilla glued to the monitor so patrons can listen to whatever via a pair of headphones

if someone can find out a way to get root via the audio port now thats something that i would be impressed from and then more than likely hire that person to work for me

hmmmm now theres a hack idea......hmmmmm

the motherboards that i have in the patron access system has no back door passwords but if the situ arises where the system isnt responding to the bios password the only way to reset it is to pull the CMOS batt and that is impossible by patrons considering that the towers are in locked containers preventing physical access to the box itself and that the only input is via an audio extension jack that is gorilla glued to the monitor so patrons can listen to whatever via a pair of headphones

if someone can find out a way to get root via the audio port now thats something that i would be impressed from and then more than likely hire that person to work for me

hmmmm now theres a hack idea......hmmmmm

Hahahahahahaha!!

We set up the library computers in one of our schools to be thin clients, no hard drives, no optical drives, and no floppies. After a month we had to go in and jbweld the blanking panels back in place, we also glued the cases shut.

That was very disrespectfull and if you dont know how to fix the problem you should not even bother posting.

It's the Internet... Chill. And that is how to fix the "problem," if you consider some noob trying to crack a Windows box that's pretty damn well locked down and trying to play World of Warcraft on it, which most likely wouldn't even be able to play any modern game in the first place, a problem.

Are you just looking for proof of concept or must we perform a crack on a fully protected system? Also: which ports? Do we get access to a fully loaded card or just the mic/in speakers/out ports? Post motherboard/card restrictions if any.

I'm not saying I can do it but dang...that got my noodle burnin.