Video Games can save your life

VaKo

Wouldn't this mean that some troops could go to war with out leaving there contry? Asuming enough bandwidth was avalable and so forth. If so, wouldn't that mean that security is absalutly parramount, it would be extrodinerily bad if some one hacked in and started shooting poeple.

Asuming these things will use wireless, I wouldn't even trust WPA2 to secure these things. I think WPA2 access point built in, with say an OpenVPN server built in would probably be good enough. Problem with that is that it would be running an OS of some kind (probably Linux or BSD) to be able to run OpenVPN. This in turn means that if one was stolen and hacked in to they could be used agenst the people who made them. Best chance to prevent this is to make them self destructive.

If no one logs in and deactives the self destructiveness as soon as it's opened bang, the CPU and all crutialon electronics are destryed. Might also be wise to make it so that the gun barrale melts (could use thermite for this) so it carn't even be manuly operated.

The other problem with these things is that the enemy can use a simple cantena to know which direction the thing is. If you are using wireless control that is.

I think there hard wired, wireless would have to many issues right now. But if you did use wireless, why would you use a commercial wireless standard? Why not make your own that needs special equipment to make it work. That way no insurgent with a laptop, wireless card and a copy of back|track linux could hack your gun turret.

cheaper version...

Just add a web cam and a coupe of servos for left-right/up-down...

and one of these for the final touch

But if you did use wireless, why would you use a commercial wireless standard? Why not make your own that needs special equipment to make it work.

Becasue it is cheaper? The US navy used to (and probaly still dose) use Windows 2000, god knows why, but they did/do. Plus, while WPA2 is practicly unbrakeable, a OpenVPN 4096bit key is very much unbrakable.

Like a video game they say... Well how many times in a video game have you guys died from lag? from friendly fire? from some n00b jumping in the gun turret of your hummvee who shoots the walls all the time to let the enemy know your coming when your trying to sneak around the back?

The only thing this system is mising is VoIP communication between the US and insurgent forces so they can call each other n00bs.

Ah the wonders of EMP weapondry

E-bombs FTW

Seriously the USA Corp won't use machines in their army human lives are much cheeper and easy to embezel money through

End of this year estimate cost of Wars in Afgan & Iraq to USA 400 Billion dollars :shock: Personally I'm betting a hell of a lot of that has been embezeled or squandered just like the Katrina relief (props to the American Red cross for that - thats why they wanted money and not the aid the rest of the world offered LMAO not :evil: )

But I digress.. they will probably use this as a way to entice people in and then chuck them a gun and kick them out to the front line - be a man boy... bend over for Uncle Bush

(remember they don't endorse gay marriage as they don't want any commitments)

</rant> sorry about that :oops:

End of this year estimate cost of Wars in Afgan & Iraq to USA 400 Billion dollars :shock: Personally I'm betting a hell of a lot of that has been embezeled or squandered just like the Katrina relief (props to the American Red cross for that - thats why they wanted money and not the aid the rest of the world offered LMAO not :evil: )

If you think about it though its the way the USA is so wealthy, take WW2 for example they lent millions to britain and other friendly contrys as well as selling munitions to them, Britain only finished paying them back a few months ago (i think). Just my oppion.

• 3 weeks later...

$260,000 for a remote control gun turret seems a little high, but then again the army pays too much for everything mostly because they have the money. if I had the equipment I bet I could make one of them for a few thousand. I thought of this when I was in the army, i was a M1 tank driver. I though it would be a lot safer for the loader to have a remote control gun than standing outside the hatch with the machine gun exposing himself. Maybe the army is getting smarter.