Ubuntu in car os

Jonny190

i have a mini pc in my car running ubuntu and i need help deciding on a way to start the car using a web server. The device is constantly powered on but has a low power consumption and has a spec of:

WI-FI 802.11N

4 usb 2.0

1.6 intel atom

2GB DDR2 ram

500gb HDD

slimline dvd

1 gigabit ethernet

usb fm tuner

7" touch screen vga headunit

i am no programming guru and a linux N00B it is running as stock ubuntu with only my media libary loaded please help me

i was thinking of modifying the design of the hak5 rover but it is not yet finished. Just a thought

i was planning on using 802.11n to create a radious 2 access point with mac filtering because of the great range. then i could use my ipod touch as the end device, i have a wiring diagram for my car's igntition system all as i need is a device that i can use as a analouge switch via usb

i was planning on using 802.11n to create a radious 2 access point with mac filtering because of the great range. then i could use my ipod touch as the end device, i have a wiring diagram for my car's igntition system all as i need is a device that i can use as a analouge switch via usb

Get one of those remote starters the folks in the colder climates use. Then wire one of the key fobs to a relay. The remote starter has the added benefit of autostarting the car if the batt starts getting low, or not starting at all if the car happens to be in gear.