Which domain hosting sevice?

W4RP3D

Review sites are so unreliable with domain hosting (seeing as 90% of the time the company pays them to say there number 1). I would imagin lots of you run some sort of website/blog, so which companies do you recommend?

It would be a small site, for a family friend advertising there business. A small amount of traffic.

I think google lets you make free pages now, so if its something small just for that, give them a look.

https://www.google.com/accounts/ServiceLogi...e=true&ul=1

Why pay money for hosting if all you are doing is sharing some personal pages, and don't need the space for movies, files, scripts, ssh tunnels, etc.

I use Godaddy for 2 corporate sites and a wordpressMU site. They are great and I have not had any problems with them. Occasionally the servers seem a bit slow but they are not on dedicated boxes.

For your friend to get just a simple site up and going, the cheapest package may work if the google free account doesn't.

-ArXiX

• 5 weeks later...

I've been using lunarpages for years. Never had any issues with them like downtime or anything. There support staff is usually pretty quick to respond to any questions. They support asp, php, ruby, pearl, jsp. they also have alot of other features. Maybe something to check out.

It would be a small site, for a family friend advertising there business. A small amount of traffic.

http://smallbusiness.officelive.com/en-us/

What do I get with Office Live Small Business services?

Office Live Small Business provides your company with everything needed to create a professional web presence for free, including easy-to-use website design and management tools, and 100 email accounts. You also get a free suite of professional business applications that will allow you to manage customers, projects, and documents and easily share information with employees, customers, suppliers and vendors. All this is security-enhanced, managed, and maintained by Office Live Small Business.

You can also purchase additional features that help promote your business. Get a custom domain name, your "address on the web," additional website storage, Premium Email, and more. See our pricing details page for more information.

Learn more about what’s included with Office Live Small Business services.

Is Office Live Small Business really free?

When you sign up for Office Live Small Business, you get a website, web hosting and web design tools, site traffic reports, a contact management system, and online business applications to help you manage your business—all for free! There are additional features you can get at affordable prices. See our pricing details page for more information.

Is Office Live Small Business offered outside the United States?

Yes. Office Live Small Business is currently available in the following languages and countries/regions: English (Canada, India, U.K., U.S.); French (Canada, France); German (Germany); Japanese (Japan); and Mexico (Spanish).

From http://smallbusiness.officelive.com/en-US/FAQ

• 4 years later...

Review sites are so unreliable with domain hosting (seeing as 90% of the time the company pays them to say there number 1). I would imagin lots of you run some sort of website/blog, so which companies do you recommend?

There are so many providers available in online for web hosting.Among them,I would recommend you to get web hosting service from Tucktail.com at low price.They provide good service with customer support.

I would recommend using godaddy.com or domain.com to buy the name then host it on Google sites, you can create up to 10 free email accounts, it’s easy and centrally managed.