Where do you buy stuff?

android6011

Most of my online purchases comes from:

Newegg.com ( tech stuff )

dealextreme.com ( odd stuff, and parts for small projects)

focalprice.com ( a lot like dx)

I am looking for suggestions for other sites to check out. Bonus points for no tax + cheap/free shipping.

I have not really found any cheap online clothing retailers, any pointers on that would be appreciated as well.

For computer stuff, Newegg, but there's one I used recently that has the fastest shipping I've come accross and the prices are good too, that would be ewiz.com. For electronics, I use mouser.com. Like Newegg, they have an awesome online catalog. I use eBay a lot for non-tech stuff.

If you can wait more than a day or two for whatever you're buying, online shopping is generally appreciably cheaper than brick and mortar stores. Sure, you have to wait for shipping, but when it means you can squeeze another part or higher model out of your budget, it's definitely worth it.

I can't be arsed with brick and morter stores, poor stock, crap prices, pushy salesmen and they are never open at the right time. Why in the name of hades does every buisness keep the same hours? Who the hell is out shopping during the day on a weekday? Who cares if your store is open at 9am?

If brick and mortar stores want to survive (and this credit crunch as shown that an awful lot can't), then they need to re-think there attitudes. And for the love of god, if I say I'm just browsing, that does not mean "I'm to scared to talk to a salesman, please come and stand to close to me and start asking annoying questions".

I can't be arsed with brick and morter stores, poor stock, crap prices, pushy salesmen and they are never open at the right time. Why in the name of hades does every buisness keep the same hours? Who the hell is out shopping during the day on a weekday? Who cares if your store is open at 9am?

If brick and mortar stores want to survive (and this credit crunch as shown that an awful lot can't), then they need to re-think there attitudes. And for the love of god, if I say I'm just browsing, that does not mean "I'm to scared to talk to a salesman, please come and stand to close to me and start asking annoying questions".

They're handy for when you have to get a replacement hard drive "right now". Most of the sales guys just leave me alone, mainly because I correct them in front of their customers, they hate that. Waaaay long time ago, I used to be one, wouldn't sell a multifunction printer to someone if my life depended on it. The store manager yelled at me once because she overheard me telling a customer they are pieces of junk. I told her if I tell them the truth they come back, and being in Fairbanks Alaska at the time, there weren't that many options, so they'd either buy from us, or get it online. Microcenter closes at 9Pm, so their hours don't bother me that much, and their prices aren't that bad either. Now if I want to get wifi equipment, cables, antennas, stuff like that, I only buy from fab-corp.com.

When I lived in San Jose, California, there was a Fry's electronics right down the street. Their prices were good and they had a wide inventory of computer parts as well as electronics. I bought a lot of stuff from them at the time. Now I live on the other side of the hill and the nearest Fry's is 2 hours away. I buy pretty much everything online now. That was the only brick and mortor store I bought from consistently and the only one I've encountered that had prices and inventory worth the trouble. Though, I haven't been to one in quite a while so I don't know how their prices fare these days. If there was one close to me I would definitely check it out. I really enjoyed shopping there, everything I'm into under one roof.