Episode 5x24

Darren Kitchen

I've read most of this thread and didn't see anything mentioned about U3? Forgive me if I missed it somewhere. Are you guys using U3 drives with the standard U3 partition? I have a SanDisk Cruzer 8GB with the standard U3 partition I haven't deleted or modified it yet.

I copied the menu.ls file from the show notes and I have just about all the files on the drive except for the BackTrack files.

When I boot off the drive It says (Try (hd0,0) FAT32:) for about 5 seconds then it says something else so fast I can't read it then just hangs with a flashing cursor. I posted earlier in the thread somewhere about an idea I had only I don't think I worded it that well.

After 1 has a U3 loaded with their choice of tools couldn't they image that drive creating an .iso and then flash another drive with the ISO and have a duplicate?

I would go with a non U3 drive, as the cd partition from the U3 side may be causing you issues.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a thought...

Grub errors from the people who are having grub problems might be useful.

ie i keep getting "bad device string" errors trying to boot from isos.

As per the above, I need some help understanding what I'm doing wrong with some of these entries

particularly the booting direct from isos.

here is my menu.lst

[deleted]

here is my dir stucture

[deleted]

I tried to make it as small as possible so there is a lot of stuff missing.

I have konboot like this, try renaming the iso's to something easy..

title Kon-Boot
map --mem /konboot.img (fd0)
map --hook
chainloader (fd0)+1
map (hd1) (hd0)
map --hook
rootnoverify (fd0)

I've read most of this thread and didn't see anything mentioned about U3? Forgive me if I missed it somewhere. Are you guys using U3 drives with the standard U3 partition? I have a SanDisk Cruzer 8GB with the standard U3 partition I haven't deleted or modified it yet.

I copied the menu.ls file from the show notes and I have just about all the files on the drive except for the BackTrack files.

When I boot off the drive It says (Try (hd0,0) FAT32:) for about 5 seconds then it says something else so fast I can't read it then just hangs with a flashing cursor. I posted earlier in the thread somewhere about an idea I had only I don't think I worded it that well.

After 1 has a U3 loaded with their choice of tools couldn't they image that drive creating an .iso and then flash another drive with the ISO and have a duplicate?

You must disable the CD drive of the U3, cause it wont let you boot into GRUB..

i have deleted my U3 Menu...

i dunno if it works when you have the menu.. i am going to try that now, stay tuned ;)

EDIT: Well, i doesn't work, uninstall you launchpad if you want to use it as a multipass

no need to use u3. infact i would think u3 would mess things up a bit if anything in this case.

your also not using the u3 partition to store anything for this as the bios 1) might not recognize it as a "cd" and 2) might treat it like a cd when it's not ment to be in this setup.

so in short all the stuff being talked about in relation to this ep is going on the fat partition not the u3 partition.

I have konboot like this, try renaming the iso's to something easy..

title Kon-Boot
map --mem /konboot.img (fd0)
map --hook
chainloader (fd0)+1
map (hd1) (hd0)
map --hook
rootnoverify (fd0)

Thanks,

That would be Darren's method wouldn't it and I have already renamed it to "konboot-1.1.img".

I went through the entry line by line in the grub prompt and the first line is what's throwing a "bad device" error.

I'll try again with an even simpler name I guess.

Just to remind all those Amateur's out there or Amateur thinkers like me, that when you do the Trinity Rescue tk2usb install from the cd, do it in a VM or Virtual Box. It missed my usb key and formatted my 320Gig Hardrive. Argh!

Have a Great Day All.

Thanks,

That would be Darren's method wouldn't it and I have already renamed it to "konboot-1.1.img".

I went through the entry line by line in the grub prompt and the first line is what's throwing a "bad device" error.

I'll try again with an even simpler name I guess.

it is darren's method, good luck by the way.

also a note

the method works also with DBAN, maby also other floppy images?

Yeah the memdisk method works with floppy images in general so that's what I used with the others (freedos, dban, sbm) but kon-boot needs that special sauce to work so i'm trying to figure that out right now, as well as the iso loading thing. I haven't tried yet with the even simpler name so I'll see if that somehow changes things.

My new Cruzers turned up this morning and they didn't work either...

I found an old 512meg key and went through the process of creating the disk and what do you know, Grub boots and runs. So I am little bit pissed that I got 2 new 8gig Keys which I can't get to work on my own kit, although they are still useable just not for what I wanted them for at the moment...

I just thought I'd share my experiences in case anyone else if having similar problems.

My P4 Box is running an MSI board with AMi bios dated 10.11.04, so now I got to look for a new compatible motherboard than will work with my memory and GFX card... happy days NOT.

[EDIT:] I used the HP format tool to create a USB Dos booting key on a Dane Elec 2gig USB Key and that booted on my PC, so why the hell doesn't it boot with the MBR with GRUB installed ? Confused more than ever now...

Wow, xPud looks cool. it looks like a good distro for tablets or wall mounted kiosks(think home automation/startrek).

Anyone gotten an iso to load on anything and if so lets try to figure out how, and why the computer voodoo gods have blessed them. (yes computers(software at least) have voodoo inside and just like the magic blue smoke if you let it out (or it's never there to start) it's gone for good).

my system is 1 year old nvidia based biostar mb. 8GB kingston datatraveler USB drive. I can't boot isos.

i used ubuntu 9.04 default grub-install to install grub to my usb.

anyone else have any of the same specs and have problems booting isos?

anyone have similar setup and not have problems booting isos?

otherwise i need a chicken ...

Just to remind all those Amateur's out there or Amateur thinkers like me, that when you do the Trinity Rescue tk2usb install from the cd, do it in a VM or Virtual Box. It missed my usb key and formatted my 320Gig Hardrive. Argh!

Have a Great Day All.

trk2usb with the -n option doesnt format the drive.

Before you run trk2usb, type fdisk -l. That will list your devices. On my laptop, the hd was /dev/sda and the USB was /dev/sdb.

A while back i posted that I got partitions to work with this but i ran into problems and just figured out how to actually get it to work. I thought I would post a tutorial for people who wanted to do the same thing. The reason I did all of this is I wanted to be able to use my 8 GB drive for everyday files and also with the multipass.

Here is what I did.

First I did the whole PE2USB and Grub stuff without any partitions. (If you have partitions running PE2USB will delete them anyways.) So now my whole 8 GB flash drive was bootable. Now I needed to make another partition for my files and this is where it got tricky. Windows only sees the first partition and currently that was the boot partition so just shrinking the boot partition and creating a new one wouldn't work. (Note: I used GParted in Ubuntu to do all of the partitioning but I assume these steps would work in any other program.) What I ended up doing to get around the windows first partition problem is this. First I set up my usb with all of the different tools I wanted on it. This was so I could do all the work in windows and so that I knew how much space the boot partition needed. Once I had the multipass done with all the tools I wanted I restarted my machine and booted into Ubuntu. In Ubuntu I opened up GParted and changed the devices so I could see the flash drive. The first thing I did was shrink down the current partition to fit the multipass data I already had on there. ( I left an extra 100 MB on that partition just to be safe.) Then I copied the multipass partition and pasted it onto the same flash drive all the way to the right. Then i right clicked on the new partition and edited the flags. I put the boot flag and the hidden flag on this new partition. (I used the hidden flag because I have a mac and this hides the partition) I then edited the flags of the old partition and removed the boot flag. Then I changed the labels of the partitions. I called the original one "Files" and the new one "Boot". Then i made the original partition(Files) big enough to fill the rest of the empty space. I then mounted the old partition(Files) and deleted everything.

That is all you have to do! Now the Files partition will be viewable in windows and mac but the Boot one will not be. You can still boot from this drive and everything works fine!

One draw back to this is that you have to use Ubuntu to edit the Boot partition. Ubuntu ignores the Hidden flag that I used earlier so both partitions appear automatically. Also if you want to add anything to the Boot partition you have to resize both partitions.

Hope this helps out somebody and that everybody can understand it! (I'm not that good at making tutorials!) Let me know if anything needs clarifying and I will try and help.

PLAIN OLD GRUB DOESN'T WORK FOR THIS IGNORE ME.

A possible shortcut might be(this is the source of my not being able to map iso's and floppy images) to just boot into ubuntu/your favorite linux distro and format the drive as wanted and then to make it all bootable with the following:

1) mount the "boot" partition on /mnt/bootusb/

2) sudo grub-install /dev/sdx --root-directory=/mnt/bootusb/

sdx should be the device corresponding to your usb drive and /mnt/bootusb/ can be any path you want or where ever your distro puts it if it auto-mounts you can use the same command for grub 1 and 2.

this will create a directory /mnt/bootusb/boot/grub/ in which you need to place your menu.lst or grub.cfg file.

A while back i posted that I got partitions to work with this but i ran into problems and just figured out how to actually get it to work. I thought I would post a tutorial for people who wanted to do the same thing. The reason I did all of this is I wanted to be able to use my 8 GB drive for everyday files and also with the multipass.

Here is what I did.

First I did the whole PE2USB and Grub stuff without any partitions. (If you have partitions running PE2USB will delete them anyways.) So now my whole 8 GB flash drive was bootable. Now I needed to make another partition for my files and this is where it got tricky. Windows only sees the first partition and currently that was the boot partition so just shrinking the boot partition and creating a new one wouldn't work. (Note: I used GParted in Ubuntu to do all of the partitioning but I assume these steps would work in any other program.) What I ended up doing to get around the windows first partition problem is this. First I set up my usb with all of the different tools I wanted on it. This was so I could do all the work in windows and so that I knew how much space the boot partition needed. Once I had the multipass done with all the tools I wanted I restarted my machine and booted into Ubuntu. In Ubuntu I opened up GParted and changed the devices so I could see the flash drive. The first thing I did was shrink down the current partition to fit the multipass data I already had on there. ( I left an extra 100 MB on that partition just to be safe.) Then I copied the multipass partition and pasted it onto the same flash drive all the way to the right. Then i right clicked on the new partition and edited the flags. I put the boot flag and the hidden flag on this new partition. (I used the hidden flag because I have a mac and this hides the partition) I then edited the flags of the old partition and removed the boot flag. Then I changed the labels of the partitions. I called the original one "Files" and the new one "Boot". Then i made the original partition(Files) big enough to fill the rest of the empty space. I then mounted the old partition(Files) and deleted everything.

That is all you have to do! Now the Files partition will be viewable in windows and mac but the Boot one will not be. You can still boot from this drive and everything works fine!

One draw back to this is that you have to use Ubuntu to edit the Boot partition. Ubuntu ignores the Hidden flag that I used earlier so both partitions appear automatically. Also if you want to add anything to the Boot partition you have to resize both partitions.

Hope this helps out somebody and that everybody can understand it! (I'm not that good at making tutorials!) Let me know if anything needs clarifying and I will try and help.

Hmm, i like the idea, but i aint gonna use it, cause if you want to change something in your boot partition to a new version you first have to go into ubuntu (which is on my USB) and then change the thing.

somehow i think its easy if you just make a map into your drive called "files"...?

but hey, thats me...

for the rest good tutorial....

Ya that is one of the most serious drawbacks the other being you have to change the size of both partitions to add a tool. I have Ububtu dual booted on one of my comps so using Ububtu was less of a problem for me then it would be for alot of people.

The point if this was to remove the mess from the drive. I didn't want to see all of the files from the boot stuff everytime I plugged in the drive. I tried just making a files folder but didn't like it and eventually figured out how to do this.

USB Image Tool

This is a pretty cool utility that is able to backup/restore USB devices in device mode, so that you can make backups/copies of your multiboot usb drive. You have to image your flash drive in device mode, or it will not make the backup bootable, and you will have to Grub it first. Here is the download site: http://www.alexpage.de/

HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool

This utility will format the USB drive in the FAT32 File System, so you don't have to use the Windows Disk Management Tool. Remember that PEtoUSB uses FAT16 and can only recognize partitions < 2 GB. I would just recommend making the drive FAT32 right away. This does the same exact thing as the Windows Disk Management Tool though. Here is the download site: HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool

Though I would share

hey all ignore my suggested short cut. see the link below. i was looking for a sollution to a different problem and found that apparently plain old grub isn't as flexable as grub4dos. (dman it now i have to boot into windows) >: (

http://knowhowbyromiz.blogspot.com/2008/09...x-and-back.html

Cheater's Trinity How To:

I'm being lazy and this is how i got trinity to work for me.

1) make a fat16 partition 128MB or larger behind the original one with the lable TRK_3-3.

2) boot into trk from cd and run trk2usb -n -d /dev/sdxY Where x= letter of thumb drive and Y= the number of partition if it's the second one then Y=1

3) edit your menu.lst to have the following(adjust to fit your partition table)

title Trinity Rescue Kit
map (hd0,1)+1 (fd0)
map --hook
rootnoverify (fd0)
chainloader +1

thanks to romiz for how to chainload syslinux/isolinux from grub4dos

http://knowhowbyromiz.blogspot.com/2008/09...x-and-back.html

Has anyone tried putting super grub disk

I have. No dice so far though.

I've tried using the iso the floppy and the extracted iso but non have worked as of yet.

EDIT: I have it working now.

take a blank usb and install super grub disk to it using unetbootin and copy the files created in the blank usb drive and move them to a directory on the multipass usb and load using the following(adjusted for where you put it of course):

title Super Grub Disk
kernel /super-grub_root/ubnkern
initrd /super-grub_root/ubninit

numbers asked to see my tree and menu.lst so I figured I'd share with everyone.

My now all working multipass:

edit: opps, broke some stuff moving to grub4dos fixed now though.

menu.lst

color red/black white/black

root (hd0,0)

title Smart Boot Manager
kernel /memdisk
initrd /sbm.img

title BT3
kernel /bt3_root/boot/vmlinuz vga=0x317 ramdisk_size=6666 root=/dev/ram0 rw quiet
initrd=/bt3_root/boot/initrd.gz

title BT4 pre
configfile /bt4-pre_root/boot/grub/menu.lst

title Kon-Boot
map --mem /konboot-1.1.img (fd0)
map --hook
chainloader (fd0)+1
map (hd1) (hd0)
map --hook
rootnoverify (fd0)

title Ophcrack
kernel /ophcrack_root/boot/bzImage rw root=/dev/null vga=normal lang=C kmap=us screen=1024x768x16 autologin
initrd /ophcrack_root/boot/rootfs.gz

title Trinity Rescue Kit
map (hd0,1)+1 (fd0)
map --hook
rootnoverify (fd0)
chainloader +1

title Hirens 9.9
kernel /memdisk
initrd /hirens_root/boot.gz

title ntpasswd
kernel /memdisk
initrd /ntpasswd.img

title DBAN
kernel /memdisk
initrd /dban-floppy.img

title Parted Magic
kernel /pmagic/bzImage noapic load_ramdisk=1 prompt_ramdisk=0 rw vga=791 sleep=10 loglevel=0 keymap=us
initrd /pmagic/initramfs

title FreeDOS
kernel /memdisk
initrd /freedos.img

title Damn Small Linux
kernel /dsl_root/boot/isolinux/linux24 ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=us apm=power-off vga=789 initrd=minirt24.gz nomce noapic BOOT_IMAGE=dsl
initrd /dsl_root/boot/isolinux/minirt24.gz

title Ubuntu LiveCD
find --set-root /ubuntu904.iso
map /ubuntu904.iso (0xff)
map --hook
rootnoverify (0xff)
kernel /casper/vmlinuz file=/cdrom/preseed/ubuntu.seed boot=casper iso-scan/filename=/ubuntu904.iso quiet splash locale=en.UTF-8 --
initrd /casper/initrd.gz

title Super Grub Disk(made using unetbootin)
kernel /super-grub_root/ubnkern
initrd /super-grub_root/ubninit

title Memory Test
kernel /memtest86+.bin

title Boot the First Hard Disk
rootnoverify (hd1)
chainloader +1

##END################
boot

tree

user@host:/media/BOOTDISCS$ tree
|-- BT3
|   |-- LICENSE
|   |-- base
|   |   |-- bin.lzm
|   |   |-- changes.lzm
|   |   |-- etc.lzm
|   |   |-- home.lzm
|   |   |-- kernel.lzm
|   |   |-- lib.lzm
|   |   |-- opt.lzm
|   |   |-- pentest.lzm
|   |   |-- root.lzm
|   |   |-- sbin.lzm
|   |   |-- usr.lzm
|   |   `-- var.lzm
|   |-- livecd.sgn
|   |-- make_iso.bat
|   |-- make_iso.sh
|   |-- modules
|   |   |-- ccsm-0.7.4-noarch-1as.lzm
|   |   |-- compiz-0.7.4-i486-1sl.lzm
|   |   |-- compiz-bcop-0.7.4-noarch-1as.lzm
|   |   |-- compiz-fusion-plugins-extra-0.7.4-i486-1as.lzm
|   |   |-- compiz-fusion-plugins-main-0.7.4-i486-1as.lzm
|   |   |-- compiz-fusion-plugins-unsupported-0.7.4-i486-1as.lzm
|   |   |-- compizconfig-backend-kconfig-0.7.4-i486-1as.lzm
|   |   |-- compizconfig-python-0.7.4-i486-1as.lzm
|   |   |-- emerald-0.7.4-i486-1as.lzm
|   |   |-- emerald-themes-0.6.99-i486-1bmg.lzm
|   |   |-- fuse-2.7.3-i486-1as.lzm
|   |   |-- fusion-icon-20080312-noarch-1as.lzm
|   |   |-- libcompizconfig-0.7.4-i486-1as.lzm
|   |   |-- libsexy-0.1.11-i686-4as.lzm
|   |   |-- libwnck-2.18.3-i486-1sl.lzm
|   |   |-- mesa.lzm
|   |   |-- pycairo-1.4.12-i686-1as.lzm
|   |   |-- pygobject-2.14.1-i486-1sl.lzm
|   |   |-- pygtk-2.12.1-i486-1sl.lzm
|   |   |-- pyrex-0.9.6.4-i486-1as.lzm
|   |   `-- sexy-python-0.1.9-i686-4as.lzm
|   |-- optional
|   |   |-- cubez.lzm
|   |   `-- nvidiadriver.lzm
|   `-- tools
|       |-- WIN
|       |   |-- config
|       |   |-- cygwin1.dll
|       |   `-- mkisofs.exe
|       |-- deb2lzm
|       |-- dir2lzm
|       |-- liblinuxlive
|       |-- lzm2dir
|       |-- mksquashfs
|       |-- rmlivemod
|       |-- tgz2lzm
|       |-- unsquashfs
|       `-- uselivemod
|-- KNOPPIX
|   `-- KNOPPIX
|-- bt3_root
|   `-- boot
|       |-- bootinst.bat
|       |-- bootinst.sh
|       |-- bootlilo.sh
|       |-- chain.c32
|       |-- dos
|       |   |-- BT3.bat
|       |   |-- config
|       |   |-- loadlin.exe
|       |   `-- readme.txt
|       |-- initrd.gz
|       |-- isolinux
|       |   |-- isolinux.bin
|       |   |-- isolinux.boot
|       |   `-- isolinux.cfg
|       |-- msramdmp.c32
|       |-- mt86p
|       |-- syslinux
|       |   |-- ldlinux.sys
|       |   |-- lilo
|       |   |-- mbr.bin
|       |   |-- syslinux
|       |   |-- syslinux.cfg
|       |   |-- syslinux.com
|       |   `-- syslinux.exe
|       |-- vesamenu.c32
|       `-- vmlinuz
|-- bt4-pre_root
|   |-- boot
|   |   |-- bootsplash
|   |   |-- grub
|   |   |   |-- bt4.xpm.gz
|   |   |   |-- menu.lst
|   |   |   `-- stage2_eltorito
|   |   |-- initrd.gz
|   |   |-- initrd800.gz
|   |   |-- initrdfr.gz
|   |   |-- memtest86+.bin
|   |   `-- vmlinuz
|   |-- boot.catalog
|   `-- md5sum.txt
|-- casper
|   |-- filesystem.manifest
|   |-- filesystem.manifest-desktop
|   `-- filesystem.squashfs
|-- clonezilla_root
|   |-- COPYING
|   |-- Clonezilla-Live-Version
|   |-- home
|   |   `-- partimag
|   |-- live
|   |   |-- eb.zli
|   |   |-- filesystem.squashfs
|   |   |-- freedos.img
|   |   |-- gpxe.lkn
|   |   |-- initrd1.img
|   |   |-- memtest
|   |   |-- packages.txt
|   |   |-- parameters.txt
|   |   `-- vmlinuz1
|   |-- syslinux
|   |   |-- chain.c32
|   |   |-- drblwp.png
|   |   |-- memdisk
|   |   |-- menu.c32
|   |   |-- ocswp.png
|   |   |-- syslinux.cfg
|   |   `-- vesamenu.c32
|   `-- utils
|       |-- README.txt
|       |-- linux
|       |   |-- VERSION.txt
|       |   |-- makeboot.sh
|       |   `-- syslinux
|       |-- mbr
|       |   `-- mbr.bin
|       `-- win32
|           |-- VERSION.txt
|           |-- makeboot.bat
|           `-- syslinux.exe
|-- dban-floppy.img
|-- dsl_root
|   |-- boot
|   |   `-- isolinux
|   |       |-- boot.cat
|   |       |-- boot.msg
|   |       |-- f2
|   |       |-- f3
|   |       |-- german.kbd
|   |       |-- isolinux.bin
|   |       |-- isolinux.cfg
|   |       |-- linux24
|   |       |-- logo.16
|   |       `-- minirt24.gz
|   `-- index.html
|-- freedos.img
|-- grldr
|-- grub-rescue-floppy.img
|-- hirens_root
|   |-- Active.uha
|   |-- Astra.uha
|   |-- BiosBoot.uha
|   |-- DiskCmdr.uha
|   |-- Diskptch.uha
|   |-- DosBurn.uha
|   |-- DskMangr.uha
|   |-- ESTest.uha
|   |-- EasyRecv.uha
|   |-- FastLynx.uha
|   |-- Ghost.uha
|   |-- HDAT2.uha
|   |-- HDDReg.uha
|   |-- HWiNFO.uha
|   |-- HddErase.uha
|   |-- HddTools.uha
|   |-- Killdisk.uha
|   |-- LapLink5.uha
|   |-- Med_Tool.uha
|   |-- Mini98.uha
|   |-- MpxPlay.uha
|   |-- NTFS4DOS.uha
|   |-- Network.uha
|   |-- NtPwd.uha
|   |-- PCDoctor.uha
|   |-- PCI32.uha
|   |-- PCcheck.uha
|   |-- PTD.uha
|   |-- PartCmdr.uha
|   |-- PartMngr.uha
|   |-- PictView.uha
|   |-- QuickVie.uha
|   |-- ReHive.uha
|   |-- RegView.uha
|   |-- SavePart.uha
|   |-- SystemAn.uha
|   |-- TestDisk.uha
|   |-- Tools.uha
|   |-- VC.uha
|   |-- Vdefs
|   |   `-- ReadME.txt
|   |-- Victoria.uha
|   |-- WinTools
|   |   |-- 7Zip.bat
|   |   |-- AsteriskLogger.bat
|   |   |-- AutoRuns.bat
|   |   |-- Autorun.csv
|   |   |-- Autorun.exe
|   |   |-- CCleaner.bat
|   |   |-- CPUz.bat
|   |   |-- CPorts.bat
|   |   |-- ComboFix.exe
|   |   |-- ContentAdvisorPasswordRemover.bat
|   |   |-- CoolWebSearch_Remover.bat
|   |   |-- DTemp.bat
|   |   |-- DefragNT.exe
|   |   |-- DialAFix.bat
|   |   |-- DisableAutorun.bat
|   |   |-- DisableCompressOldFiles.bat
|   |   |-- DoubleDriver.bat
|   |   |-- DriveImageXML.bat
|   |   |-- DriverBackup.exe
|   |   |-- DrvImgXp.bat
|   |   |-- DskSpeed.bat
|   |   |-- EASEUSPartitionMaster.bat
|   |   |-- ERDExplorer.bat
|   |   |-- ERDSystemRestore.bat
|   |   |-- EditHosts.bat
|   |   |-- ExpressBurn.bat
|   |   |-- EzPCFix.bat
|   |   |-- GetDataFAT.bat
|   |   |-- GetDataNTFS.bat
|   |   |-- Ghost32.bat
|   |   |-- GhostExp.bat
|   |   |-- HDDScan.bat
|   |   |-- HDTune.bat
|   |   |-- HijackThis.exe
|   |   |-- IBProcMan.exe
|   |   |-- JkDefrag.bat
|   |   |-- KasperskyVirusRemoval.bat
|   |   |-- KillBox.exe
|   |   |-- MailPassView.bat
|   |   |-- Malwarebytes.bat
|   |   |-- MemTest.bat
|   |   |-- MessenPass.bat
|   |   |-- MonitorTester.bat
|   |   |-- NewSID.bat
|   |   |-- NtRegOpt.bat
|   |   |-- Opera.bat
|   |   |-- PCI32.bat
|   |   |-- PCWizard.bat
|   |   |-- PageDfrg.bat
|   |   |-- PartSaving.bat
|   |   |-- PartitionFindAndMount.bat
|   |   |-- PasswordRenew.bat
|   |   |-- ProceXP.exe
|   |   |-- ProcessExplorer.bat
|   |   |-- ProduKey.bat
|   |   |-- Recuva.bat
|   |   |-- RegEditPE.bat
|   |   |-- RegistryRestoreWizard.bat
|   |   |-- Restoration.bat
|   |   |-- RootkitRevealer.bat
|   |   |-- SM.bat
|   |   |-- ShExView.bat
|   |   |-- Shredder.exe
|   |   |-- SilentRunners.bat
|   |   |-- SmartDriverBackup.bat
|   |   |-- SmitFraudFix.bat
|   |   |-- SpaceMonger.bat
|   |   |-- Splitter.exe
|   |   |-- SpybotSD.bat
|   |   |-- SpywareBlaster.bat
|   |   |-- StartupCPL.bat
|   |   |-- StartupMonitor.exe
|   |   |-- SuperAntiSpyware.bat
|   |   |-- TCPView.bat
|   |   |-- TrueCrypt.bat
|   |   |-- TweakUI.bat
|   |   |-- UltimateWindowsTweaker.bat
|   |   |-- Undelete.bat
|   |   |-- UnknownDevices.bat
|   |   |-- Unlocker.bat
|   |   |-- UnstoppableCopier.bat
|   |   |-- VideoMemoryStressTest.bat
|   |   |-- VolkovCommander.bat
|   |   |-- WinDirStat.bat
|   |   |-- WinKeyFinder.exe
|   |   |-- WindowsGate.bat
|   |   |-- Winsock2Fix9x.bat
|   |   |-- WirelessKeyView.bat
|   |   |-- XP-Key-Reader.bat
|   |   |-- XpTCPIPWinsockRepair.bat
|   |   |-- files
|   |   |   |-- Autoruns.uha
|   |   |   |-- CCleaner.uha
|   |   |   |-- CpuZ.uha
|   |   |   |-- DialAFix.uha
|   |   |   |-- DriveImageXML.uha
|   |   |   |-- DrvImgXp.uha
|   |   |   |-- EPM.uha
|   |   |   |-- ERD.uha
|   |   |   |-- ExpressBurn.uha
|   |   |   |-- EzPCFix.uha
|   |   |   |-- Files.uha
|   |   |   |-- GetDataB.uha
|   |   |   |-- Ghost32.uha
|   |   |   |-- HDDScan.uha
|   |   |   |-- HDTune.uha
|   |   |   |-- JkDefrag.uha
|   |   |   |-- KasperskyVirusRemoval.uha
|   |   |   |-- Malwarebytes.uha
|   |   |   |-- NTREGOPT.uha
|   |   |   |-- Opera.uha
|   |   |   |-- PCwizard.uha
|   |   |   |-- PartFind.uha
|   |   |   |-- PasswordRenew.uha
|   |   |   |-- Recuva.uha
|   |   |   |-- RegEditPE.uha
|   |   |   |-- Restoration.uha
|   |   |   |-- RootkitRevealer.uha
|   |   |   |-- SRunners.uha
|   |   |   |-- SmartDriverBackup.uha
|   |   |   |-- SmitfraudFix.uha
|   |   |   |-- SpybotSD.uha
|   |   |   |-- SpywareBlaster.uha
|   |   |   |-- SuperAntiSpyware.uha
|   |   |   |-- TrueCrypt.uha
|   |   |   |-- TweakUI.uha
|   |   |   |-- UltimateWindowsTweaker.uha
|   |   |   |-- Undelete.uha
|   |   |   |-- Unlocker.uha
|   |   |   |-- VideoMemoryStressTest.uha
|   |   |   |-- WindirSt.uha
|   |   |   |-- WindowsGate.uha
|   |   |   |-- coolweb.uha
|   |   |   |-- sm.uha
|   |   |   `-- xp-AntiSpy.uha
|   |   |-- siw.exe
|   |   |-- snapshot.exe
|   |   `-- xp-AntiSpy.bat
|   |-- adds.uha
|   |-- atis.uha
|   |-- boot.gz
|   |-- chntpw.uha
|   |-- copyr.uha
|   |-- dcc.uha
|   |-- dosnav.uha
|   |-- fm.uha
|   |-- fw.uha
|   |-- ghstwalk.uha
|   |-- isolinux.bin
|   |-- isolinux.cfg
|   |-- keyboard.bat
|   |-- lost_fnd.uha
|   |-- memdisk
|   |-- memtest.gz
|   |-- menu.c32
|   |-- mix.uha
|   |-- nortUTIL.uha
|   |-- nssi.uha
|   |-- ntfs.uha
|   |-- pRESIZER.uha
|   |-- pcconfig.uha
|   |-- pmount.uha
|   |-- pqdi.uha
|   |-- pqpm.uha
|   |-- ts.uha
|   |-- uharc.exe
|   |-- uharcd.exe
|   |-- xp
|   |-- xp.bin
|   |-- xp.ca_
|   |-- xp.dat
|   `-- xploader.bin
|-- konboot-1.1.img
|-- memdisk
|-- memtest86+.bin
|-- menu.lst
|-- menu.lst.allworks
|-- ntpasswd.img
|-- ophcrack_root
|   |-- [BOOT]
|   |   `-- Bootable_NoEmulation.img
|   `-- boot
|       |-- bzImage
|       |-- gpxe
|       |-- grub
|       |   `-- example-menu.lst
|       |-- isolinux
|       |   |-- be.cfg
|       |   |-- be.kbd
|       |   |-- boot.cat
|       |   |-- br.cfg
|       |   |-- br.kbd
|       |   |-- ca.cfg
|       |   |-- ca.kbd
|       |   |-- common.cfg
|       |   |-- common.inc
|       |   |-- de.cfg
|       |   |-- de.kbd
|       |   |-- de_CH.cfg
|       |   |-- de_CH.kbd
|       |   |-- display.txt
|       |   |-- en.cfg
|       |   |-- en.kbd
|       |   |-- enhelp.txt
|       |   |-- enopts.txt
|       |   |-- es.cfg
|       |   |-- es.kbd
|       |   |-- fi.cfg
|       |   |-- fi.kbd
|       |   |-- fr.cfg
|       |   |-- fr.kbd
|       |   |-- fr_CH.cfg
|       |   |-- fr_CH.kbd
|       |   |-- help.txt
|       |   |-- hu.cfg
|       |   |-- hu.kbd
|       |   |-- ifmem.c32
|       |   |-- isolinux.bin
|       |   |-- isolinux.cfg
|       |   |-- isolinux.msg
|       |   |-- it.cfg
|       |   |-- it.kbd
|       |   |-- jp.cfg
|       |   |-- jp.kbd
|       |   |-- options.txt
|       |   |-- poweroff.com
|       |   |-- pt.cfg
|       |   |-- pt.kbd
|       |   |-- reboot.c32
|       |   |-- ru.cfg
|       |   |-- ru.kbd
|       |   |-- splash.lss
|       |   |-- us.cfg
|       |   `-- us.kbd
|       |-- ophcrack.cfg
|       |-- rootfs.gz
|       |-- splash.png
|       |-- syslinux
|       |   `-- syslinux.cfg
|       |-- vesamenu.c32
|       `-- vmlinuz-2.6.29.3-slitaz
|-- pmagic
|   |-- bzImage
|   |-- initramfs
|   `-- pmodules
|       |-- pmagic.sqfs
|       `-- scripts
|-- pmagic_root
|   |-- boot
|   |   `-- grub
|   |       |-- e2fs_stage1_5
|   |       |-- fat_stage1_5
|   |       |-- grldr
|   |       |-- grub4dos.lst
|   |       |-- menu.lst
|   |       |-- message.txt
|   |       |-- message2.txt
|   |       |-- message3.txt
|   |       |-- ntfs_stage1_5
|   |       |-- stage1
|   |       `-- stage2
|   `-- readme.txt
|-- sbm.img
|-- super_grub-root
|   |-- ldlinux.sys
|   |-- syslinux.cfg
|   |-- ubninit
|   |-- ubnkern
|   `-- vesamenu.c32
|-- super_grub_disk_floppy_0.9797.img
|-- tables
|   |-- vista_free
|   |   |-- md5sum.txt
|   |   |-- postdict
|   |   |-- table0.bin
|   |   |-- table0.index
|   |   |-- table0.start
|   |   |-- table1.bin
|   |   |-- table1.index
|   |   |-- table1.start
|   |   |-- table2.bin
|   |   |-- table2.index
|   |   |-- table2.start
|   |   |-- table3.bin
|   |   |-- table3.index
|   |   |-- table3.start
|   |   |-- vista_free.md5
|   |   |-- vista_free.sfv
|   |   `-- worddict
|   `-- xp_free_small
|       |-- md5sum.txt
|       |-- table0.bin
|       |-- table0.index
|       |-- table0.start
|       |-- table1.bin
|       |-- table1.index
|       |-- table1.start
|       |-- table2.bin
|       |-- table2.index
|       |-- table2.start
|       |-- table3.bin
|       |-- table3.index
|       `-- table3.start
`-- ubuntu904.iso

48 directories, 458 files

Excellent thank you! :) Now I can work on my multipass with a reference. ALSO thanks to all the members working on the project and all the great contributions. I have less barriers to break through now.

Darren where is part II?

Is it coming after vacation?

Suggestion for II:

Cover Window installs. I would really like to see how to take my legally purchased XP CD and use the ISO I created to install, so I do not have to carry a separate thumb drive. This was discussed and perhaps covered in this forum but a video tutorial with clarification would be awesome.

Also thanks man for all the entertainment. I have been watching Kevin since screensavers, and then followed him to revision3 to find this show. Which is awesome.

Hope your enjoying your vaca, god knows I need one.

Suggestion for II:

Cover Window installs. I would really like to see how to take my legally purchased XP CD and use the ISO I created to install, so I do not have to carry a separate thumb drive. This was discussed and perhaps covered in this forum but a video tutorial with clarification would be awesome.

windows on your USB is not so hard,

you need to have the Grub4dos version that can boot iso's

next use MagicISO to rip the ISO from the CD

1. File > Open CD/DVD Driver and select your CD/DVD drive
  2. File > Save as > winxp.iso (you can name it whatever you like, i use winxp.iso now)
  3. select destination and you have your winxp.iso

next put the winxp.iso in your USB root folder

next put the code below in your menu.list

and boot whit GRUB into windows...

title Windows XP (32b)
map (hd0,0)/winxp.iso (hd32)
map --hook
chainloader (hd32)

For the most versions of windows you need a serial, you can put it on a piece of paper you put it in your menu.

below is the code i use

it wont boot, and you have to select it and press "E" to view, but it is a handy way to keep you serials together without running around with a list of serials.

(you can put any test here you want)

title Serials (no-boot)
map Windows 7 64b        XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
map Windows 7 32b        XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
map Windows XP 32b        XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
kernel
boot