PM spammers

beaver

I have found 2 PMs in my inbox with a link saying "new forum rules" and "project news"

I realised that these weren't legitimate, as they were from banned users, so someones complained about it already.

The website they point to is: http://nemf.ru/

By doing a quick Google of the url I came up with several other forums having people send them the same pms.

It would seem to be a fake pharmaceutical company run by some Ivans with links to the Russian Mafiya.

They are posing as a Canadian Pharmacy.

The website now only shows up with a 502 error.

Is there anything that we can do to stop these spammers?

Someone had already done that it would seem, as the person who had sent me the pm got banned before I read the messages.

What I want to know is if there are any measures taken to stop his from happening in the future.

So far all you people have come up are temporary solutions, what if I or someone else getting spam wants to receive other pms?

I'm saying that we need a long term, permanent solution.

• 2 weeks later...
So far all you people have come up are temporary solutions, what if I or someone else getting spam wants to receive other pms?

I'm saying that we need a long term, permanent solution.

Unless you can forward the spam PM's and tell us who sent them, we can't do jack. There are 11000 accounts on these forums, we can't babysit them by hand anymore, so we need you to help us help you.